Auto Expo 2014: Tata Unveils Nano Twist Active Concept
By greeshma m | February 8, 2014 9:28 PM EST
Tata Motors showed off its Tata Nano Twist Active concept at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014.
Wearing a new front-grille look, Tata's new Nano Twist Active looked stylish in its design and style. The notable feature of the concept car is its open-able tailgate, which is first in the series of Nano cars. The interior of the car accommodates a new paint job and comes equipped with (Electric Power Assisted Steering or EPAS) or power steering. Other features of the car remain the same as its recently launched Nano Twist. The company also unveiled a concept compact sports utility vehicle Nexon, along with another concept car ConnectNext.
Reuters Americans may get to drive the $3000 budget car Tata Nano, at a revised price by 2015, if all goes well with the plans laid out by the automotive giant, Tata Motors.
Americans may get to drive the $3000 budget car Tata Nano, at a revised price by 2015, if all goes well with the plans laid out by the automotive giant, Tata Motors.
The company, which is on its path to revive the 'world's cheapest car' Nano had recently launched its new model Twist XT, with power steering. The power steering of Nano Twist is developed by ZF and the variant will be available in six colours: damson purple, dazzle blue, papaya orange, pearl white, meteor silver and royal gold. Nano Twist XT also comes with Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS), which uses brushless motor.
On the mechanical front, the Twist maintains the same 624 cc two-cylinder MPFI engine of Nano, which can churn out a power of 37.4 bhp at 5500 rpm and a maximum torque of 51 Nm at 4000 rpm.
Tata Motors posted 34 per cent decline in total vehicle sales for the month of January. The company sold 40,481 units of vehicles last month against 61,660 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June