Auto Expo 2014: Tata Unveils Nano Twist Active Concept
By greeshma m | February 8, 2014 9:28 PM EST
Tata Motors showed off its Tata Nano Twist Active concept at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014.
Wearing a new front-grille look, Tata's new Nano Twist Active looked stylish in its design and style. The notable feature of the concept car is its open-able tailgate, which is first in the series of Nano cars. The interior of the car accommodates a new paint job and comes equipped with (Electric Power Assisted Steering or EPAS) or power steering. Other features of the car remain the same as its recently launched Nano Twist. The company also unveiled a concept compact sports utility vehicle Nexon, along with another concept car ConnectNext.
Reuters Americans may get to drive the $3000 budget car Tata Nano, at a revised price by 2015, if all goes well with the plans laid out by the automotive giant, Tata Motors.
Americans may get to drive the $3000 budget car Tata Nano, at a revised price by 2015, if all goes well with the plans laid out by the automotive giant, Tata Motors.
The company, which is on its path to revive the 'world's cheapest car' Nano had recently launched its new model Twist XT, with power steering. The power steering of Nano Twist is developed by ZF and the variant will be available in six colours: damson purple, dazzle blue, papaya orange, pearl white, meteor silver and royal gold. Nano Twist XT also comes with Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS), which uses brushless motor.
On the mechanical front, the Twist maintains the same 624 cc two-cylinder MPFI engine of Nano, which can churn out a power of 37.4 bhp at 5500 rpm and a maximum torque of 51 Nm at 4000 rpm.
Tata Motors posted 34 per cent decline in total vehicle sales for the month of January. The company sold 40,481 units of vehicles last month against 61,660 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family