Auto Expo 2014: Tata Unveils Nano Twist Active Concept
By greeshma m | February 8, 2014 9:28 PM EST
Tata Motors showed off its Tata Nano Twist Active concept at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014.
Wearing a new front-grille look, Tata's new Nano Twist Active looked stylish in its design and style. The notable feature of the concept car is its open-able tailgate, which is first in the series of Nano cars. The interior of the car accommodates a new paint job and comes equipped with (Electric Power Assisted Steering or EPAS) or power steering. Other features of the car remain the same as its recently launched Nano Twist. The company also unveiled a concept compact sports utility vehicle Nexon, along with another concept car ConnectNext.
Reuters Americans may get to drive the $3000 budget car Tata Nano, at a revised price by 2015, if all goes well with the plans laid out by the automotive giant, Tata Motors.
Americans may get to drive the $3000 budget car Tata Nano, at a revised price by 2015, if all goes well with the plans laid out by the automotive giant, Tata Motors.
The company, which is on its path to revive the 'world's cheapest car' Nano had recently launched its new model Twist XT, with power steering. The power steering of Nano Twist is developed by ZF and the variant will be available in six colours: damson purple, dazzle blue, papaya orange, pearl white, meteor silver and royal gold. Nano Twist XT also comes with Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS), which uses brushless motor.
On the mechanical front, the Twist maintains the same 624 cc two-cylinder MPFI engine of Nano, which can churn out a power of 37.4 bhp at 5500 rpm and a maximum torque of 51 Nm at 4000 rpm.
Tata Motors posted 34 per cent decline in total vehicle sales for the month of January. The company sold 40,481 units of vehicles last month against 61,660 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports