Woody Allen Denies Dylan Forrow’s Molestation Charge: Brief Highlights of his New York Times Article
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 8, 2014 9:17 PM EST
A week after daughter Dylan Farrow accused Woody Allen of molesting her as a 7-year-old child, Allen has written an article denying the charges.
Soon-Yi Previn and Woody Allen
Dylan's open letter, in which she accused Allen of molesting her, first appeared in the New York Times on Feb. 1. Allen has now used the same news outlet to defend himself in a sensational opinion piece.
Dylan, in her letter, described her memories of the famed director. "This things happened so often, so routinely, so skillfully hidden from a mother that would have protected me had she know, that I thought it was normal," Dylan had said.
In the 1,885-word article, published online and awaited to appear in the Sunday's print edition, Allen says:
"Of course, I did not molest Dylan. I loved her and hope one day she will grasp how she has been cheated out of having a loving father and exploited by a mother more interested in her own festering anger than her daughter's well-being. Being taught to hate your father and made to believe he molested you has already taken a psychological toll on this lovely young woman..."
Dylan, now 28, was adopted by Allen and his ex-partner Mia Farrow in 1987 when she was 2. At the time of their breakup more than two decades ago, Mia Farrow had accused the Oscar-winning filmmaker of molesting the adopted daughter. Allen, 78, has consistently denied the abuse allegation insisting that his ex taught their daughter into making the false claims.
Here are brief highlights of Allen's response:
- Allen says that when the allegation first surfaced 21 years ago, it was "so ludicrous I didn't give it a second thought." He said that he didn't even hire a lawyer to defend himself until the matter was reported to the police.
- The director also says that the presiding judge in the original case, Justice Elliot Wilk, "never approved of my relationship with Soon-Yi, Mia's adopted daughter, who was then in her 20s. He thought of me as an older man exploiting a much younger woman, which outraged Mia as improper despite the fact she had dated a much older Frank Sinatra when she was 19."
- Allen alleges that Farrow made-up the allegation to take revenge for his relationship with Soon-Yi.
- He says the setting of the alleged "fabricated molestation" is questionable. "Mia chose the attic of her country house, a place she should have realized I'd never go to because it is a tiny, cramped, enclosed spot where one can hardly stand up and I'm a major claustrophobe," he added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change