‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Beats ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Record in India
By Ankita Mehta | February 8, 2014 8:47 PM EST
"Jai Ho" has finally surpassed the lifetime collection of 2013 film "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" and now is eyeing to beat "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" earnings.
Salman Khan and Daisy Shah starrer "Jai Ho" has completed its two weeks theatrical run at the domestic box office with ₹110.78 crore.
The political drama surpassed "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" total of ₹108.93 crore in its second week.
"#JaiHo Wknd 2 - 13.90 cr, Mon 2.25 cr, Tue 2.40 cr, Wed 1.80 cr, Thu 1.65 cr. Grand total: ₹ 110.78 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Directed by Sohail Khan, the film again witnessed a drop on third Friday. Four films including "Hasee Toh Phasee" has released this week, which will affect the screen count of "Jai Ho" drastically.
"Jai Ho" will face competition from Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" as it has garnered positive reviews. However, the other three films have crashed at the box office on the opening day.
The current earnings of the film suggest that "Jai Ho" will take its lifetime collection to ₹115 crore.
Meanwhile, due to low earnings of "Jai Ho" the distributors have lost big money.
"This weekend, as expected, wasn't great. Jai Ho has been a disappointment and distributors have lost big money on this. They are hoping Salman shall become the good Samaritan and bail distributors and exhibitors out, as in the past they have not only made money on his films, but have also shared the profit with the makers," trade analyst Atul Mohan told Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best