‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Beats ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Record in India
By Ankita Mehta | February 8, 2014 8:47 PM EST
"Jai Ho" has finally surpassed the lifetime collection of 2013 film "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" and now is eyeing to beat "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" earnings.
Salman Khan and Daisy Shah starrer "Jai Ho" has completed its two weeks theatrical run at the domestic box office with ₹110.78 crore.
The political drama surpassed "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" total of ₹108.93 crore in its second week.
"#JaiHo Wknd 2 - 13.90 cr, Mon 2.25 cr, Tue 2.40 cr, Wed 1.80 cr, Thu 1.65 cr. Grand total: ₹ 110.78 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Directed by Sohail Khan, the film again witnessed a drop on third Friday. Four films including "Hasee Toh Phasee" has released this week, which will affect the screen count of "Jai Ho" drastically.
"Jai Ho" will face competition from Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" as it has garnered positive reviews. However, the other three films have crashed at the box office on the opening day.
The current earnings of the film suggest that "Jai Ho" will take its lifetime collection to ₹115 crore.
Meanwhile, due to low earnings of "Jai Ho" the distributors have lost big money.
"This weekend, as expected, wasn't great. Jai Ho has been a disappointment and distributors have lost big money on this. They are hoping Salman shall become the good Samaritan and bail distributors and exhibitors out, as in the past they have not only made money on his films, but have also shared the profit with the makers," trade analyst Atul Mohan told Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination