‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Beats ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Record in India
By Ankita Mehta | February 8, 2014 8:47 PM EST
"Jai Ho" has finally surpassed the lifetime collection of 2013 film "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" and now is eyeing to beat "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" earnings.
Salman Khan and Daisy Shah starrer "Jai Ho" has completed its two weeks theatrical run at the domestic box office with ₹110.78 crore.
The political drama surpassed "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" total of ₹108.93 crore in its second week.
"#JaiHo Wknd 2 - 13.90 cr, Mon 2.25 cr, Tue 2.40 cr, Wed 1.80 cr, Thu 1.65 cr. Grand total: ₹ 110.78 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Directed by Sohail Khan, the film again witnessed a drop on third Friday. Four films including "Hasee Toh Phasee" has released this week, which will affect the screen count of "Jai Ho" drastically.
"Jai Ho" will face competition from Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" as it has garnered positive reviews. However, the other three films have crashed at the box office on the opening day.
The current earnings of the film suggest that "Jai Ho" will take its lifetime collection to ₹115 crore.
Meanwhile, due to low earnings of "Jai Ho" the distributors have lost big money.
"This weekend, as expected, wasn't great. Jai Ho has been a disappointment and distributors have lost big money on this. They are hoping Salman shall become the good Samaritan and bail distributors and exhibitors out, as in the past they have not only made money on his films, but have also shared the profit with the makers," trade analyst Atul Mohan told Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate