‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Beats ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Record in India
By Ankita Mehta | February 8, 2014 8:47 PM EST
"Jai Ho" has finally surpassed the lifetime collection of 2013 film "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" and now is eyeing to beat "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" earnings.
Salman Khan and Daisy Shah starrer "Jai Ho" has completed its two weeks theatrical run at the domestic box office with ₹110.78 crore.
The political drama surpassed "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" total of ₹108.93 crore in its second week.
"#JaiHo Wknd 2 - 13.90 cr, Mon 2.25 cr, Tue 2.40 cr, Wed 1.80 cr, Thu 1.65 cr. Grand total: ₹ 110.78 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Directed by Sohail Khan, the film again witnessed a drop on third Friday. Four films including "Hasee Toh Phasee" has released this week, which will affect the screen count of "Jai Ho" drastically.
"Jai Ho" will face competition from Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" as it has garnered positive reviews. However, the other three films have crashed at the box office on the opening day.
The current earnings of the film suggest that "Jai Ho" will take its lifetime collection to ₹115 crore.
Meanwhile, due to low earnings of "Jai Ho" the distributors have lost big money.
"This weekend, as expected, wasn't great. Jai Ho has been a disappointment and distributors have lost big money on this. They are hoping Salman shall become the good Samaritan and bail distributors and exhibitors out, as in the past they have not only made money on his films, but have also shared the profit with the makers," trade analyst Atul Mohan told Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar