Auto Expo 2014: Samsung And Tata Motors Join Hands to Offer In-Car Infotainment System
By greeshma m | February 8, 2014 8:02 PM EST
Tata Motors logos are pictured outside their flagship showroom in Mumbai May 28, 2013.
The companies revealed their new alliance at the 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo. According to a PTI report, Tata Motors would introduce cars with new infotainment system next year. Apparently, Tata is also looking at the possibility of introducing the new technology in the mid-range car segment along with the expensive cars.
"We will introduce passenger cars in the market equipped with the technology within the next year," Tata Motors Passengers Vehicles Unit President Ranjit Yadav told PTI, adding that "This is in our line of philosophy to offer new features to our customers to create differentiated products features that are relevant to the present and scalable for the future."
The new technology is based on Samsung's Drive Link application on MirroLink technology, which would aid the user to access smart phones and tablets while driving. The app would also come in handy to navigate, answer calls and access internet inside the car.
Samsung is also in tie up with the German auto major BMW to offer the same technology. "Samsung is also a mass market brand and this is a good partnership. Tis technology will provide connectivity to the user while on drive," Samsung India Electronics Ltd, Head - Business and Enterprise Sameer Garde said.
Previously, tech titan Apple had also launched a similar technology dubbed as "iOS in the car".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6