Auto Expo 2014: Samsung And Tata Motors Join Hands to Offer In-Car Infotainment System
By greeshma m | February 8, 2014 8:02 PM EST
Tata Motors logos are pictured outside their flagship showroom in Mumbai May 28, 2013.
The companies revealed their new alliance at the 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo. According to a PTI report, Tata Motors would introduce cars with new infotainment system next year. Apparently, Tata is also looking at the possibility of introducing the new technology in the mid-range car segment along with the expensive cars.
"We will introduce passenger cars in the market equipped with the technology within the next year," Tata Motors Passengers Vehicles Unit President Ranjit Yadav told PTI, adding that "This is in our line of philosophy to offer new features to our customers to create differentiated products features that are relevant to the present and scalable for the future."
The new technology is based on Samsung's Drive Link application on MirroLink technology, which would aid the user to access smart phones and tablets while driving. The app would also come in handy to navigate, answer calls and access internet inside the car.
Samsung is also in tie up with the German auto major BMW to offer the same technology. "Samsung is also a mass market brand and this is a good partnership. Tis technology will provide connectivity to the user while on drive," Samsung India Electronics Ltd, Head - Business and Enterprise Sameer Garde said.
Previously, tech titan Apple had also launched a similar technology dubbed as "iOS in the car".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation