Auto Expo 2014: Samsung And Tata Motors Join Hands to Offer In-Car Infotainment System
By greeshma m | February 8, 2014 8:02 PM EST
Tata Motors logos are pictured outside their flagship showroom in Mumbai May 28, 2013.
The companies revealed their new alliance at the 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo. According to a PTI report, Tata Motors would introduce cars with new infotainment system next year. Apparently, Tata is also looking at the possibility of introducing the new technology in the mid-range car segment along with the expensive cars.
"We will introduce passenger cars in the market equipped with the technology within the next year," Tata Motors Passengers Vehicles Unit President Ranjit Yadav told PTI, adding that "This is in our line of philosophy to offer new features to our customers to create differentiated products features that are relevant to the present and scalable for the future."
The new technology is based on Samsung's Drive Link application on MirroLink technology, which would aid the user to access smart phones and tablets while driving. The app would also come in handy to navigate, answer calls and access internet inside the car.
Samsung is also in tie up with the German auto major BMW to offer the same technology. "Samsung is also a mass market brand and this is a good partnership. Tis technology will provide connectivity to the user while on drive," Samsung India Electronics Ltd, Head - Business and Enterprise Sameer Garde said.
Previously, tech titan Apple had also launched a similar technology dubbed as "iOS in the car".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date