Auto Expo 2014: Samsung And Tata Motors Join Hands to Offer In-Car Infotainment System
By greeshma m | February 8, 2014 8:02 PM EST
Tata Motors logos are pictured outside their flagship showroom in Mumbai May 28, 2013.
The companies revealed their new alliance at the 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo. According to a PTI report, Tata Motors would introduce cars with new infotainment system next year. Apparently, Tata is also looking at the possibility of introducing the new technology in the mid-range car segment along with the expensive cars.
"We will introduce passenger cars in the market equipped with the technology within the next year," Tata Motors Passengers Vehicles Unit President Ranjit Yadav told PTI, adding that "This is in our line of philosophy to offer new features to our customers to create differentiated products features that are relevant to the present and scalable for the future."
The new technology is based on Samsung's Drive Link application on MirroLink technology, which would aid the user to access smart phones and tablets while driving. The app would also come in handy to navigate, answer calls and access internet inside the car.
Samsung is also in tie up with the German auto major BMW to offer the same technology. "Samsung is also a mass market brand and this is a good partnership. Tis technology will provide connectivity to the user while on drive," Samsung India Electronics Ltd, Head - Business and Enterprise Sameer Garde said.
Previously, tech titan Apple had also launched a similar technology dubbed as "iOS in the car".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight