Ranveer Singh Refers to Deepika Padukone as ‘Special’ Somebody, Clarifies Photographer Incident
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 8, 2014 7:56 PM EST
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone's relationship status has been the latest fixation of the media, with the actor's interview adding fuel to fire.
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh at Ram-leela special screening
"Deepika holds a special significance in my life. She is somebody I respect and admire a lot, somebody whom I have grown close to. She is an awesome person, she is somebody for whom I have great amount of admiration," Ranveer told PTI, giving rise to the obvious speculation surrounding the duo.
But as soon as the actor was questioned on their mushy behaviour, Ranveer resorted to the clichéd 'friends' statement.
"We are friends. We go out and hang out... she is a very cool person to hang out with, I thoroughly enjoy her company. We hang out like any other youngsters who are friendly with each other," he added.
The 28-year-old further defended one of his earlier interviews as jest, where he had stated of having suffered 'loveria.'
He even clarified that he was single and said that reports of him assaulting a photographer during Ahana Deol's wedding were untrue.
"We were all at a wedding reception and we were at a private party there...which was happening in a different enclosure. The person who was taking the photos was taking it without permission, he was not a wedding photographer, he was taking photos secretly. I told him it is not right, if you would ask for a photo I would not say no, but you are taking photos without permission," explained the actor, adding that the story was made up to defame him.
On the professional front, Ranveer and Deepika will be seen as a pair again in "Finding Fanny Fernandes". The "Gunday" star will have a cameo as the actress's husband in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report