Ranveer Singh Refers to Deepika Padukone as ‘Special’ Somebody, Clarifies Photographer Incident
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 8, 2014 7:56 PM EST
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone's relationship status has been the latest fixation of the media, with the actor's interview adding fuel to fire.
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh at Ram-leela special screening
"Deepika holds a special significance in my life. She is somebody I respect and admire a lot, somebody whom I have grown close to. She is an awesome person, she is somebody for whom I have great amount of admiration," Ranveer told PTI, giving rise to the obvious speculation surrounding the duo.
But as soon as the actor was questioned on their mushy behaviour, Ranveer resorted to the clichéd 'friends' statement.
"We are friends. We go out and hang out... she is a very cool person to hang out with, I thoroughly enjoy her company. We hang out like any other youngsters who are friendly with each other," he added.
The 28-year-old further defended one of his earlier interviews as jest, where he had stated of having suffered 'loveria.'
He even clarified that he was single and said that reports of him assaulting a photographer during Ahana Deol's wedding were untrue.
"We were all at a wedding reception and we were at a private party there...which was happening in a different enclosure. The person who was taking the photos was taking it without permission, he was not a wedding photographer, he was taking photos secretly. I told him it is not right, if you would ask for a photo I would not say no, but you are taking photos without permission," explained the actor, adding that the story was made up to defame him.
On the professional front, Ranveer and Deepika will be seen as a pair again in "Finding Fanny Fernandes". The "Gunday" star will have a cameo as the actress's husband in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga