Ranveer Singh Refers to Deepika Padukone as ‘Special’ Somebody, Clarifies Photographer Incident
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 8, 2014 7:56 PM EST
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone's relationship status has been the latest fixation of the media, with the actor's interview adding fuel to fire.
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh at Ram-leela special screening
"Deepika holds a special significance in my life. She is somebody I respect and admire a lot, somebody whom I have grown close to. She is an awesome person, she is somebody for whom I have great amount of admiration," Ranveer told PTI, giving rise to the obvious speculation surrounding the duo.
But as soon as the actor was questioned on their mushy behaviour, Ranveer resorted to the clichéd 'friends' statement.
"We are friends. We go out and hang out... she is a very cool person to hang out with, I thoroughly enjoy her company. We hang out like any other youngsters who are friendly with each other," he added.
The 28-year-old further defended one of his earlier interviews as jest, where he had stated of having suffered 'loveria.'
He even clarified that he was single and said that reports of him assaulting a photographer during Ahana Deol's wedding were untrue.
"We were all at a wedding reception and we were at a private party there...which was happening in a different enclosure. The person who was taking the photos was taking it without permission, he was not a wedding photographer, he was taking photos secretly. I told him it is not right, if you would ask for a photo I would not say no, but you are taking photos without permission," explained the actor, adding that the story was made up to defame him.
On the professional front, Ranveer and Deepika will be seen as a pair again in "Finding Fanny Fernandes". The "Gunday" star will have a cameo as the actress's husband in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored