Ranveer Singh Refers to Deepika Padukone as ‘Special’ Somebody, Clarifies Photographer Incident
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 8, 2014 7:56 PM EST
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone's relationship status has been the latest fixation of the media, with the actor's interview adding fuel to fire.
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh at Ram-leela special screening
"Deepika holds a special significance in my life. She is somebody I respect and admire a lot, somebody whom I have grown close to. She is an awesome person, she is somebody for whom I have great amount of admiration," Ranveer told PTI, giving rise to the obvious speculation surrounding the duo.
But as soon as the actor was questioned on their mushy behaviour, Ranveer resorted to the clichéd 'friends' statement.
"We are friends. We go out and hang out... she is a very cool person to hang out with, I thoroughly enjoy her company. We hang out like any other youngsters who are friendly with each other," he added.
The 28-year-old further defended one of his earlier interviews as jest, where he had stated of having suffered 'loveria.'
He even clarified that he was single and said that reports of him assaulting a photographer during Ahana Deol's wedding were untrue.
"We were all at a wedding reception and we were at a private party there...which was happening in a different enclosure. The person who was taking the photos was taking it without permission, he was not a wedding photographer, he was taking photos secretly. I told him it is not right, if you would ask for a photo I would not say no, but you are taking photos without permission," explained the actor, adding that the story was made up to defame him.
On the professional front, Ranveer and Deepika will be seen as a pair again in "Finding Fanny Fernandes". The "Gunday" star will have a cameo as the actress's husband in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October