‘Paisa’ Review Roundup: Paisa Vasool Entertainer
By Ankita Mehta | February 8, 2014 6:32 PM EST
Telugu film "Paisa" with Nani and Catherine Tresa in the lead has received mixed reviews from critics. The film has mostly received good comments for the interesting story line.
Directed by Krishna Vamsi, the film tells the story of how the whole world revolves around money.
Read the reviews below:
IndiaGlitz in their review said: "The script is full of lacunae. Nani's character is inappropriately happy-go-lucky. Moreover, his expression should have been intense in the second part of the film but that is not so. The screenplay was terribly written and executed, as the result, the audience feel that, barring Raja Ravindar, the others were less than perturbed by the mess.
"It's easy to guess what the hero will tell in the climax (albeit not the not-so-exciting twist), but the episode leading to the mini pravachan is grossly inadequate in terms of both the content and quality of execution.
"The script is not layered and one too many scenes are full of noisy paeans to paisaa or routine denigration of its ill-effects.
"The performances are not up to the mark. Nani goes over-the-top, prompted as he is by Krishna Vamsi to so act. Catherine is apt in the role of a Muslim girl, while Charan Raj makes no impression at all. Siddhika, Bharath Reddy and others have forgettable roles."
Shekhar of OneIndia said: "Paisa is an action entertainer with a nice blend of romance and high entertainment quotient. Nani's performance is the main highlight in the film. Krishna Vamsi's brand new story, Sai Karthik's music, Santosh Rai's cinematography, Tabar's comedy timing and power-packed dialogues are other big strengths of the movie. A few unnecessary scenes, which bore audience, are its drawbacks.
"Nani has given brilliant performance in Paisa. With his matured acting, he impresses you in all kind of scenes like action, romantic and comedy. As Noor, Catherine Tresa looks cute. Siddhika Sharma, who has played second female role manages to impress with her glamour in a brief screen presence.
"Overall, Paisa is a good commercial entertainer, but it is not upto the mark of Krishna Vamsi's previous ventures. Nani's performance is the saving grace in the film. You can watch the film, If you are a hardcore fan of Nani or Krishna."
Rohit Penumatsa of Desimartini said: "Not as talked about as RGV's but Krishna Vamsi's descent into the restless madness is an equally interesting story. A super exciting auteur until a point for whatever reasons (I have my theories, but, that would be an article in itself) had turned into this insecure and loudly eager man that would try anything to distract the audience than letting the film have a shot longer than 12 frames.
"The cast included some popular names from the Deccani films and a bunch of new actors who are still camera shy. Nani does well, holds the audience like an effective commercial hero of old. The film wasn't a boring one, per say, but it takes a lot to sit through it even though its only about 140 minutes. For the head to handle about 893 cuts in less than a minute and of something that wasn't shot for such a pacey cut, the audience should be real brain dead to not feel irritated."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners