Valentine’s Day: Most Expensive Meal Costs Nearly $100,000
By Keerthi Mohan | February 8, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Going out for dinner on Valentine’s Day can cost you more than you are ready to part with, as the menu is sure to be overpriced. But now, staying home for a romantic dinner can cost you much more, especially if the cook is a Michelin-starred chef.
An intimate table setting.
VeryFirstTo.com, a British retail luxury site is offering the services of top chefs, who will cook a no expense-spared romantic dinner.
The cost of the dinner is said to be $99,300.
The site has teamed up with chef Adam Simmonds and GreatBritishChefs.com to prepare this feat.
The dinner will include Almus white caviar, spring white truffle, and gold leaf and silver leaf to name a few. The dinner will be accompanied by an expensive selection of wine which included a $27,720.20 bottle of La Romanee-Conti, Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, according to reports. The meal will end with vanilla and smoked chocolate with kopi luwak ice cream.
Check out the entire menu here.
“Each dish has been created with romance in mind and to allow the spectacular ingredients to work their magic, in both creating delicious food and the perfect mood for romance,” Simmonds said, according to Mail Online.
Marcel Knobil, founder of VeryFirstTo, added: “The menu awakes all the senses and the luxury element further intensifies the pleasure of this meal.
“VeryFirstTo will also be enhancing the experience by covering the table in rose petals; releasing a dozen white doves, lighting 50 rose scented candles, and entertaining the couple with a harpist and a romantic poet.”
The menu can be altered to fit the needs of the consumer, Knobil told CBS News, and added that they have a strong customer base.
“There are significant segments of consumers throughout many territories of the world who have a great amount of disposable income, and more and more are not as willing to buy luxury off the shelf," he said. "They would much rather have something that’s bespoke."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone