Killzone: Shadow Fall - Patch 1.09 Brings Bug Fixes, New Clan System Features, Complete Changelog
By Aditya Bhat | February 8, 2014 5:28 PM EST
Killzone: Shadow Fall, the FPS video game from developers Guerilla Games has a new patch 1.09 that not only bring bug fixes, but also marks the game's first step into the clan system and adds the option of locking of 30 frames per second for single-player campaign.
Killzone: Shadow Fall gets a new patch 1.09.
The patch is currently live and adds new checkpoint saving feature and fixes the VC30 exploit bug, said developer in its official blog.
The game has both single-player and multiplayer modes. It introduces new weapons like LSR44 (hybrid assault/charge sniper rifle), OWL (hovering attack drone). When compared with its predecessors, Shadow Fall is open-ended and has a stealth-based approach. In single-player campaigns, half of the campaign is fought by the player with only OWL to give him company and only in the second half do players get an ally called Echo, who will help in taking down enemies marked by the player.
This science fiction game was a launch title for PlayStation 4 and was released on 15 November 2013.
Below are the new features that have been introduces with the Patch 1.09, complete Changelog (Killzone Blog):
- Clans - While already available through the website, the functionality is now also implemented in-game. Players can invite clan members to a party and clantags are now also added to the player name within the game. It can be viewed in the player card, in the friendslist, etc. Players can check their friendlist by pressing touchpad or check the player card through the main menu (go to multiplayer > choose a warzone > press square > show the leaderboard & find the player you are interested in > press cross to open the player card).
- Warzone Discoverability - The main menu of the Multiplayer has been visually changed and a top-bar has been added, from which one can browse and create new warzones. The number of recommended warzones have been expanded to 9 and the friendslist has been moved to the top-right corner. This should make it easier to discover new warzones.
- New Warzone options: parties allowed - Players can now select the option to allow parties to join a warzone. Just go to Multiplayer > Create your warzone > go to settings with R1 > Check 'Parties Allowed' at the bottom.
- Checkpoint saving - Additional checkpoint saving has been added to save on every revive event, giving more save points throughout the campaign.
- Ability to lock to 30FPS in campaign mode - To guarantee a steadier framerate in the campaign mode, players can now lock their game to 30fps via the options menu.
- VC30 exploit fixed - The exploit that let users with a VC30 equipped with the flashlight increase their range has been fixed.
Apart from the above fixes, the blog also mentions that it has made overall improvements to the game boosts performance and has removed some collision/exploits in various maps.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- Xbox One News: Reddit And New Sharing Features Added For The Xbox One
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features