Killzone: Shadow Fall - Patch 1.09 Brings Bug Fixes, New Clan System Features, Complete Changelog
By Aditya Bhat | February 8, 2014 5:28 PM EST
Killzone: Shadow Fall, the FPS video game from developers Guerilla Games has a new patch 1.09 that not only bring bug fixes, but also marks the game's first step into the clan system and adds the option of locking of 30 frames per second for single-player campaign.
Killzone: Shadow Fall gets a new patch 1.09.
The patch is currently live and adds new checkpoint saving feature and fixes the VC30 exploit bug, said developer in its official blog.
The game has both single-player and multiplayer modes. It introduces new weapons like LSR44 (hybrid assault/charge sniper rifle), OWL (hovering attack drone). When compared with its predecessors, Shadow Fall is open-ended and has a stealth-based approach. In single-player campaigns, half of the campaign is fought by the player with only OWL to give him company and only in the second half do players get an ally called Echo, who will help in taking down enemies marked by the player.
This science fiction game was a launch title for PlayStation 4 and was released on 15 November 2013.
Below are the new features that have been introduces with the Patch 1.09, complete Changelog (Killzone Blog):
- Clans - While already available through the website, the functionality is now also implemented in-game. Players can invite clan members to a party and clantags are now also added to the player name within the game. It can be viewed in the player card, in the friendslist, etc. Players can check their friendlist by pressing touchpad or check the player card through the main menu (go to multiplayer > choose a warzone > press square > show the leaderboard & find the player you are interested in > press cross to open the player card).
- Warzone Discoverability - The main menu of the Multiplayer has been visually changed and a top-bar has been added, from which one can browse and create new warzones. The number of recommended warzones have been expanded to 9 and the friendslist has been moved to the top-right corner. This should make it easier to discover new warzones.
- New Warzone options: parties allowed - Players can now select the option to allow parties to join a warzone. Just go to Multiplayer > Create your warzone > go to settings with R1 > Check 'Parties Allowed' at the bottom.
- Checkpoint saving - Additional checkpoint saving has been added to save on every revive event, giving more save points throughout the campaign.
- Ability to lock to 30FPS in campaign mode - To guarantee a steadier framerate in the campaign mode, players can now lock their game to 30fps via the options menu.
- VC30 exploit fixed - The exploit that let users with a VC30 equipped with the flashlight increase their range has been fixed.
Apart from the above fixes, the blog also mentions that it has made overall improvements to the game boosts performance and has removed some collision/exploits in various maps.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast