Sony Rolls Out New Firmware for Xperia Z, ZL, ZR; Brings UI, Performance Enhancements
By Rohit KVN | February 8, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Just a couple of months ago, Sony had rolled out the Android v4.3 Jelly Bean OS to its 2013 devices Z, ZR, ZL and Tablet Z. Now the company has pushed another firmware update with performance enhancements.
Sony Xperia smartphone (Credit:Reuters)
The Japanese firm took to social platform, Twitter to announce the news. "firmware rolling for #Xperia Z, ZL & ZR (Tablet Z eta next week) - brings BT connectivity, battery, YouTube app improvements & more", it tweeted.
It is to be noted that the new software is still a part of Android v4.3 Jelly Bean, and should not be confused with the latest KitKat update. As of now, firmware (10.4.1.B.0.101) is seeding to Xperia Z, ZR and ZL, whereas Tablet Z is slated to receive it in the next week.
Xperia smartphone owners can check for software updates by going to Settings >> About phone >> Build number / version;
Apart from improvements in Bluetooth connectivity and YouTube applications, the firmware will enhance UI (User-Interface), software as well as battery performance.
Besides these devices, Sony is also readying to roll out the Android v4.3 Jelly Bean update to mid-range smartphones - Xperia SP, T, TX and V soon, whereas Xperia Z owners can expect to taste the chocolate wafer flavored Android KitKat (v4.4.2) OS by this month end or early March.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills