Samsung 12.2 Pro Tablets Arrive in the US February 13
By Precious Silva | February 8, 2014 12:19 PM EST
The latest line of Samsung 12.2 Pro tablets will hit the United States February 13. According to recent reports, the Note version will start selling at $750. The pen-less tablet variant will start at $100 less. Apart from the 12.2 tabs, the Korean tech giant will also be bringing its 8.4-inch and 10-inch slates starting at $00 and $500 respectively. Can the tablets deliver and satisfy the US market?
Samsung Press Kit
After months of speculations, Samsung has finally pulled the wraps on the Galaxy Note 3 Neo models (3G and LTE+) in Poland.
Samsung has started taking orders for its tablet line last February 4. The company has introduced its new tablet line back at the CES in Las Vegas. The "Pro" slates come with touch screens. Their resolutions are considered as some of the best yet.
Samsung is reportedly manufacturing screens that are 12.2 inches diagonally. This makes the tablets bigger compared to the iPad and other similar full-sized slates. The larger display allows the devices to show four apps simultaneously. Samsung devices can only show up to two apps previously.
Generally, the 12.2 slates, LTE version, come with Super clear LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 2560 x 1600 pixels, 12.2 inches (~247 ppi pixel density). The devices will reportedly run on Android OS, v4.4 (KitKat), Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 and Adreno 330.
Other features include:
- SNS integration
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Image/video editor
- Document viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input (Swype)
People will have to wait for other announcements from Samsung for added features or details. Release date may vary per carrier. It is best to wait for announcements from carriers as well.
February will be big for Samsung not only because of the Pro tablets. The company will reportedly announce its next flagship phone, the Samsung Galaxy S5. Predictions revolve around February 23 or 24 as the announcement date. Reuters previously reported that Samsung has given out invites for an unpacked event on the 24th. There are no clear details if the Samsung Galaxy S5 will make an appearance. Reports do note that the invites have a 5 emblazoned on them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports