Samsung 12.2 Pro Tablets Arrive in the US February 13
By Precious Silva | February 8, 2014 12:19 PM EST
The latest line of Samsung 12.2 Pro tablets will hit the United States February 13. According to recent reports, the Note version will start selling at $750. The pen-less tablet variant will start at $100 less. Apart from the 12.2 tabs, the Korean tech giant will also be bringing its 8.4-inch and 10-inch slates starting at $00 and $500 respectively. Can the tablets deliver and satisfy the US market?
Samsung Press Kit
After months of speculations, Samsung has finally pulled the wraps on the Galaxy Note 3 Neo models (3G and LTE+) in Poland.
Samsung has started taking orders for its tablet line last February 4. The company has introduced its new tablet line back at the CES in Las Vegas. The "Pro" slates come with touch screens. Their resolutions are considered as some of the best yet.
Samsung is reportedly manufacturing screens that are 12.2 inches diagonally. This makes the tablets bigger compared to the iPad and other similar full-sized slates. The larger display allows the devices to show four apps simultaneously. Samsung devices can only show up to two apps previously.
Generally, the 12.2 slates, LTE version, come with Super clear LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 2560 x 1600 pixels, 12.2 inches (~247 ppi pixel density). The devices will reportedly run on Android OS, v4.4 (KitKat), Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 and Adreno 330.
Other features include:
- SNS integration
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Image/video editor
- Document viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input (Swype)
People will have to wait for other announcements from Samsung for added features or details. Release date may vary per carrier. It is best to wait for announcements from carriers as well.
February will be big for Samsung not only because of the Pro tablets. The company will reportedly announce its next flagship phone, the Samsung Galaxy S5. Predictions revolve around February 23 or 24 as the announcement date. Reuters previously reported that Samsung has given out invites for an unpacked event on the 24th. There are no clear details if the Samsung Galaxy S5 will make an appearance. Reports do note that the invites have a 5 emblazoned on them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles