Hairstyles for Glass Wearers
February 8, 2014 12:03 PM EST
What hairstyle to wear with eyeglasses? is a question pondered by young girls and women. Eyeglasses can completely alter the look and balance of ones facial features, so make sure you choose a hairstyle that works with the eyeglasses style you wear.Wearing glasses creates a whole set of hair issues that weren't there before.Glasses tend to shorten the face. So bangs are a big no. A fringe with a long side swept can be a better choice.Frame Shape / Size: wide frames look good on long or oval face and should not get in the way of your hair style. A rounded face is normally suited with an angular frame while a square shape will be suited with a round frame. If your lucky to have a heart shaped or an oval shaped face then most glasses will suit you so you'll have many options to choose from. A side hair parting is great for complimenting square shaped glasses. Type of Hair cut: If wear glasses during the day for work, don't forget to carry them, when you visit your hairstylist. That way you can ensure that your haircut is one that complements your glasses.Balance, the key word: Your hairdo should stand out in balance with your frame.Hairstyles to Choose FromGlass wearers know that it's not always so easy to pull off a fabulous hairdo, especially if one is constantly taking glasses on and off or trying to keep your hair away from your frames. You can use your glasses to divert attention from your hairstyle or draw attention to it.Ponytail or French twist - This type of hairstyle pulls the hair out of your face, bringing attention to the eyeglasses. This hairstyle actually looks good with any style of frames you wear.Bob Cut: A bob hairstyle looks cute with colorful frames on a small face. If you have a round face, you might want to stay away from this type of haircut because it will make your face look even more round.Side swept Bangs or Fringes: You can wear a long, side swept bang. It gives you that fringe-feel, but the bangs should be long enough that they lay well around the glasses. Long bangs can last longer in-between trims, too, so there's no rush to get back to the salon.Layered-look: According to hair stylists the layered style looks good with a round face shape. It also fits well with a triangular face shape, which softens a prominent jawline. Wearing hair with lots of layers helps to hide the wide-eyeglass bump.Consider hairstyles that do not overpower the face-short, cropped cuts, gamine styles or a chin-length bob would work well. Additionally, think about selecting a hairstyle that adds interest to the face. You have a wide selection to choose designer frames, colors, patterns, etc.
Article provided by Women Fitness http://www.womenfitness.net
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Gene That Stops Spreading of Lung Cancer - Identified by Latest Study.
- Teenage Boys Desire Intimacy and Close Relationships: Study
- Young Women Scientists Face Sexual Harassments While Working on Scientific Field: Study Says
- Breakthrough in HIV Medications: Two Australian Men and One In Rockford 'Cured'
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June