Food Diary a Successful Weight-loss Tool
By Women Fitness | February 8, 2014 12:00 PM EST
According to Time magazine, a multi-centre study in the USA found that, compared to other methods of weight loss, keeping a food diary helped slimmers to lose an average of 8kg in a 6-month period, whereas dieters who didn't keep diaries only lost 4kg. Writing down everything you consume, in great detail, like, eating seven peanuts, a packet of ketchup can help you achieve striking weight loss results. Most people think that they know what they eat, but they possess a general idea and tend to have selective memory, especially when it comes to the foods that aren't so good for us. With a detailed food diary, you can see where those extra calories are coming from. The records can help us to identify eating habits that need to be modified. Why the Need?Many scientific studies have indicated that most people don't realize:
- What they're eating How much they're eating Which foods are contributing the most to conditions such as obesityAdvantage of Using a Food Diary Food Diary: a Successful Weight-loss ToolPromotes healthier Eating by cut down on mindless munching. Scope for improvement: A food diary will show where your diet is lacking. If you notice that you're eating enough vegetables or fruit, you'll begin adding them to your diet. If you are a busy person, a food diary will show you where you're missing out on certain types of food. Time factor: A food diary will also reveal when you are you eating. If you spend three or four nights per week eating late dinners, you may realize that you should be eating earlier. A Northwestern University study has found that eating at irregular times -- the equivalent of the middle of the night for humans, when the body wants to sleep -- influences weight gain. Meal Pattern Identified: Your food diary will also reveal if you're snacking too much or not eating enough meals everyday. Not eating enough is as bad as over-eating because it slows your metabolism down. So pay close attention to when you're eating if you want to lose weight.Thus, by keeping a food diary, you get a better picture of your diet status and stand a better chance to improve your weight loss results right away. Don't be surprised if you lose weight soon after starting your food diary.
Article provided by Women Fitness http://www.womenfitness.net
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Gene That Stops Spreading of Lung Cancer - Identified by Latest Study.
- Teenage Boys Desire Intimacy and Close Relationships: Study
- Young Women Scientists Face Sexual Harassments While Working on Scientific Field: Study Says
- Breakthrough in HIV Medications: Two Australian Men and One In Rockford 'Cured'
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June