Flappy Bird Cheats: Tips on How to Get High Score; Hack Codes for iOS and Android Devices
By Aditya Bhat | February 8, 2014 1:48 AM EST
Flappy Bird is a simple yet extremely addictive and difficult game, from developer Dong Nguyen, which involves tapping a fluffy bird in a Mario-esque environment, taking it safely past numerous pipes.
Flappy Bird was taken down on 10 February.
Many players have devised ways to smoothen the problem of not getting high scores, by bringing in cheats and hacks for the game.
Even we find the pursuit to find high scores in Flappy Bird as a valid one. So here are some tricks and tips which will increase players' chances of making a better score in the game without hacks:
1. Relax - Since the game is rather difficult, and the player is likely to even fail to pass through two pipes in the initial stages, they need to relax after a quick end to the game.
2. Be calm - Players need to be calm and composed while playing this game, since thinking too hard will harm their performance.
3. Breaks - Help yourself with breaks so that there is no strain for your eyes. After around eight straight deaths, put the phone/tablet down and take a break.
4. Do not tap needlessly - Players just need to tap the screen lightly and not mash it. The trick is in being quick and making light, correct taps.
5. Flow - The game boils down to how long you can concentrate. Keep the flow going.
6. Rhythm - Players need to maintain a rhythm for the game. Make use of music and sync yourself with it while playing.
7. Remove the screen cover and any casings - This will help in better sensitivity of the screen. However, do not remove it, if you are not comfortable holding the phone without it.
8. Play on a big screen device - The game gets more complicated on small screen devices, as the fingers will cover the screen; so a bigger, tablet-like screen helps in greater clarity.
9. Win Medals - Note that players will get bronze if they score 10 points, silver for 20 points and gold for 30.
10. Give up and Start Fresh - In case you cannot win even after numerous attempts on the same day, stop and start fresh the next day.
Hack to make a high score on Android devices
Players need to hack their Android device before they begin with the following procedures. It is also necessary that they download ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store. Now reinstall a new copy of Flappy Bird game. Once you do this, run the game again to earn a high score of atleast one. Now close the game and follow the following procedure, according to Droid Report.
- Open ES File Explorer and navigate to the Tools menu.
- Enable "Root Explorer."
- Navigate to /device, then /data.
- Within the /data folder, navigate to a subfolder also named /data.
- Locate the Flappy Bird file and open it.
- Open shared_prefs and FlappyBird.xml.
- When prompted, select ES Note Editor. Navigate to "edit."
- Enter whatever score you want.
Hack your iOS device and get unlimited high score
- Download one of these modified atlas.txt files. [Use this if you want pipes appear but you can go through them http://cl.ly/TdsF. Use this if you want a little line instead of the whole pipe - http://cl.ly/TdJy]
- Download iExplorer (When the registration screen comes up, click "Continue with Demo"), next, connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- Now open iExplorer, and search through your apps for "flap.app" once you find it open "flap.app."
- In "flap.app" search through your files for one named "atlas.txt." Next click on "atlas.txt" and in the right hand screen you'll see a bunch of text/code.
- Change the view to thumbnail mode, then drag the new atlas.txt file you downloaded right into the iExplorer screen with all the other thumbnails.
- You will be prompted to replace the file. Replace it.
Disclaimer: IBTimes India is not responsible for any damages incurred during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28