Busted: Restaurant in Nigeria Served Human Meat, Roasted Head
By Johnlee Varghese | February 8, 2014 12:29 AM EST
A restaurant in Nigeria was found to have used human flesh to serve delicacies to its patrons. The revelation came after the local police, acting on a tip-off, raided the place and recovered two human heads.
The restaurant, located in a popular market area in the Anambra state, was closed, after 11 people, including the hotel owner, were arrested by the police.
Even though there has been several stray incidents of cannibalism, this was said to be the first time a Nigerian eatery was found to have been using human flesh.
In the raid, the police had also recovered two army caps, 40 rounds of live ammunition and several cell phones, the local daily Nigeria Tribune reported. The tip-off was given by some of the local residents.
"Each time I came to market, because the hotel is very close to the market, I always noticed funny movements in and out of the hotel; dirty people with dirty characters always come into the hotel. So, I was not surprised when the police made this discovery," a vegetable seller in the area told Osundefender.
A Nigerian pastor was also among the people, who were served human meat at the restaurant. "I was told that a lump of meat was being sold at N700, I was surprised. So I did not know it was human meat that I ate at such expensive price," he said.
Several cases of cannibalism have emerged in Nigeria and there has been an increasing public anger against such incidents. When such cases are reported, the public often takes matter into their hands and tries to set an example against cannibalistic behavior.
Back in September, it was reported that two men, who were branded cannibals and human flesh eaters, barely escaped lynching in Lagos. The two alleged cannibals were almost set ablaze by a restless crowd, before the local police intervened.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- The Pirate Bay Termed As Assault On Humanity By RIAA
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight