Busted: Restaurant in Nigeria Served Human Meat, Roasted Head
By Johnlee Varghese | February 8, 2014 12:29 AM EST
A restaurant in Nigeria was found to have used human flesh to serve delicacies to its patrons. The revelation came after the local police, acting on a tip-off, raided the place and recovered two human heads.
The restaurant, located in a popular market area in the Anambra state, was closed, after 11 people, including the hotel owner, were arrested by the police.
Even though there has been several stray incidents of cannibalism, this was said to be the first time a Nigerian eatery was found to have been using human flesh.
In the raid, the police had also recovered two army caps, 40 rounds of live ammunition and several cell phones, the local daily Nigeria Tribune reported. The tip-off was given by some of the local residents.
"Each time I came to market, because the hotel is very close to the market, I always noticed funny movements in and out of the hotel; dirty people with dirty characters always come into the hotel. So, I was not surprised when the police made this discovery," a vegetable seller in the area told Osundefender.
A Nigerian pastor was also among the people, who were served human meat at the restaurant. "I was told that a lump of meat was being sold at N700, I was surprised. So I did not know it was human meat that I ate at such expensive price," he said.
Several cases of cannibalism have emerged in Nigeria and there has been an increasing public anger against such incidents. When such cases are reported, the public often takes matter into their hands and tries to set an example against cannibalistic behavior.
Back in September, it was reported that two men, who were branded cannibals and human flesh eaters, barely escaped lynching in Lagos. The two alleged cannibals were almost set ablaze by a restless crowd, before the local police intervened.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation