Georges St. Pierre May Not Come Back to UFC
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 7, 2014 11:58 PM EST
Georges St. Pierre may not come back at all to UFC, at least this is what his boxing coach Freddie Roach thinks.
Roach spoke exclusively to Fight Hub TV and said that if St. Pierre didn't make his comeback in 2014, the Canadian mixed martial artist may well be fully retired from fighting.
MMA: UFC 167-St-Pierre vs Hendricks
"He told me he wanted to take two years off and I told him two years was retirement," said Roach. The Hall of Famer trainer told St. Pierre to rest for one year and get back in the whenever he feels like it.
"If you feel hungry enough to get back in there, we'll do it."
"If not, we'll call it a day," he added.
Roach explained how St. Pierre was started getting depressed having to deal with a lot of things around him, especially how St. Pierre was being treated by Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White.
"Dana talking really bad about him, getting him depressed and so forth dragging him down."
Dana's attitude towards St. Pierre has apparently influenced the former UFC welterweight champion to take an indefinite leave of absence from the octagon ring, according to Roach.
Roach went on and said that Dana wasn't helping to build St. Pierre up at all. "I'd think about going to another company if that was me, but UFC is a monopoly, it's the only game in town."
St. Pierre made his announcement that he will be taking some time off the octagon ring in December. His decision came instantaneously after his main event UFC 167 fight against Johny Hendricks. St. Pierre's break from UFC seems to be working well for the Canadian fighter because he has been looking good as ever.
St. Pierre recently attended Super Bowl XLVIII and even shared to his Twitter followers a picture of him watching the big game. While St. Pierre takes his sweet time off the UFC, the vacant welterweight belt will be up for grabs in the main event of UFC 171, featuring Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best