NBA Trade News: Udonis Haslem for Kris Humphries Swap Gaining Buzz on Trading Floor: Celtics & Heat Trade Rumours
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 7, 2014 11:53 PM EST
The Miami Heat are reportedly looking to add another piece in their championship puzzle via trade, and the name of Boston Celtics power forward Kris Humphries bobbed out as a possible trade deadline acquisition for the defending two-time NBA champion.
NBA: Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat
According to Larry Seely of the Digital Journal, the Celtics could make a deal with their former Eastern Conference rival for Humphries, who is doing pretty well on the floor as of late.
Humphries, who is one of several Brooklyn Nets players acquired by the Celtics in last summer's blockbuster trade, is averaging 7.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game. However, Humphries expiring contract worth $12 million makes him a more attractive trade bait of the Celtics.
Seely stressed the Celtics are sure to be in selling mode as they attempt to acquire assets and dump big salaries for them to have financial flexibility to sign All-Star caliber player this coming free agency period.
"Boston Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge is in a selling mood as he looks to lower the teams salary cap before this summer, hoping to land a big name free agent and get his team back as a contender in the Eastern Conference," Seely said in his latest article.
Miami Heat trade
With the Pacers adding more beef in their lineup through the acquisition of Andrew Bynum, the Heat front office is aware that they have to make significant moves such as improving their frontline.
"Miami has the 'Big Three', but the Indiana pacers have shown the NBA and especially the Heat that they are for real. The Pacers just signed Andrew Bynum, making their roster deeper in talent and sending the league a message, this team is here to win a championship," said Digital times.
Veteran power forward Udonis Haslem emerges as the Heat's potential trade chip. Haslem, who won three NBA championships with the Heat, could see himself playing for another team for the first time in his career.
The Heat could sweeten up their package by adding a draft pick with Haslem for Humphries, who could give the team more interior presence and rebounding at the power forward spot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown