NBA Trade News: Udonis Haslem for Kris Humphries Swap Gaining Buzz on Trading Floor: Celtics & Heat Trade Rumours
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 7, 2014 11:53 PM EST
The Miami Heat are reportedly looking to add another piece in their championship puzzle via trade, and the name of Boston Celtics power forward Kris Humphries bobbed out as a possible trade deadline acquisition for the defending two-time NBA champion.
NBA: Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat
According to Larry Seely of the Digital Journal, the Celtics could make a deal with their former Eastern Conference rival for Humphries, who is doing pretty well on the floor as of late.
Humphries, who is one of several Brooklyn Nets players acquired by the Celtics in last summer's blockbuster trade, is averaging 7.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game. However, Humphries expiring contract worth $12 million makes him a more attractive trade bait of the Celtics.
Seely stressed the Celtics are sure to be in selling mode as they attempt to acquire assets and dump big salaries for them to have financial flexibility to sign All-Star caliber player this coming free agency period.
"Boston Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge is in a selling mood as he looks to lower the teams salary cap before this summer, hoping to land a big name free agent and get his team back as a contender in the Eastern Conference," Seely said in his latest article.
Miami Heat trade
With the Pacers adding more beef in their lineup through the acquisition of Andrew Bynum, the Heat front office is aware that they have to make significant moves such as improving their frontline.
"Miami has the 'Big Three', but the Indiana pacers have shown the NBA and especially the Heat that they are for real. The Pacers just signed Andrew Bynum, making their roster deeper in talent and sending the league a message, this team is here to win a championship," said Digital times.
Veteran power forward Udonis Haslem emerges as the Heat's potential trade chip. Haslem, who won three NBA championships with the Heat, could see himself playing for another team for the first time in his career.
The Heat could sweeten up their package by adding a draft pick with Haslem for Humphries, who could give the team more interior presence and rebounding at the power forward spot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best