NBA Trade News: Udonis Haslem for Kris Humphries Swap Gaining Buzz on Trading Floor: Celtics & Heat Trade Rumours
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 7, 2014 11:53 PM EST
The Miami Heat are reportedly looking to add another piece in their championship puzzle via trade, and the name of Boston Celtics power forward Kris Humphries bobbed out as a possible trade deadline acquisition for the defending two-time NBA champion.
NBA: Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat
According to Larry Seely of the Digital Journal, the Celtics could make a deal with their former Eastern Conference rival for Humphries, who is doing pretty well on the floor as of late.
Humphries, who is one of several Brooklyn Nets players acquired by the Celtics in last summer's blockbuster trade, is averaging 7.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game. However, Humphries expiring contract worth $12 million makes him a more attractive trade bait of the Celtics.
Seely stressed the Celtics are sure to be in selling mode as they attempt to acquire assets and dump big salaries for them to have financial flexibility to sign All-Star caliber player this coming free agency period.
"Boston Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge is in a selling mood as he looks to lower the teams salary cap before this summer, hoping to land a big name free agent and get his team back as a contender in the Eastern Conference," Seely said in his latest article.
Miami Heat trade
With the Pacers adding more beef in their lineup through the acquisition of Andrew Bynum, the Heat front office is aware that they have to make significant moves such as improving their frontline.
"Miami has the 'Big Three', but the Indiana pacers have shown the NBA and especially the Heat that they are for real. The Pacers just signed Andrew Bynum, making their roster deeper in talent and sending the league a message, this team is here to win a championship," said Digital times.
Veteran power forward Udonis Haslem emerges as the Heat's potential trade chip. Haslem, who won three NBA championships with the Heat, could see himself playing for another team for the first time in his career.
The Heat could sweeten up their package by adding a draft pick with Haslem for Humphries, who could give the team more interior presence and rebounding at the power forward spot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report