NBA Trade News: Udonis Haslem for Kris Humphries Swap Gaining Buzz on Trading Floor: Celtics & Heat Trade Rumours
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 7, 2014 11:53 PM EST
The Miami Heat are reportedly looking to add another piece in their championship puzzle via trade, and the name of Boston Celtics power forward Kris Humphries bobbed out as a possible trade deadline acquisition for the defending two-time NBA champion.
NBA: Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat
According to Larry Seely of the Digital Journal, the Celtics could make a deal with their former Eastern Conference rival for Humphries, who is doing pretty well on the floor as of late.
Humphries, who is one of several Brooklyn Nets players acquired by the Celtics in last summer's blockbuster trade, is averaging 7.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game. However, Humphries expiring contract worth $12 million makes him a more attractive trade bait of the Celtics.
Seely stressed the Celtics are sure to be in selling mode as they attempt to acquire assets and dump big salaries for them to have financial flexibility to sign All-Star caliber player this coming free agency period.
"Boston Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge is in a selling mood as he looks to lower the teams salary cap before this summer, hoping to land a big name free agent and get his team back as a contender in the Eastern Conference," Seely said in his latest article.
Miami Heat trade
With the Pacers adding more beef in their lineup through the acquisition of Andrew Bynum, the Heat front office is aware that they have to make significant moves such as improving their frontline.
"Miami has the 'Big Three', but the Indiana pacers have shown the NBA and especially the Heat that they are for real. The Pacers just signed Andrew Bynum, making their roster deeper in talent and sending the league a message, this team is here to win a championship," said Digital times.
Veteran power forward Udonis Haslem emerges as the Heat's potential trade chip. Haslem, who won three NBA championships with the Heat, could see himself playing for another team for the first time in his career.
The Heat could sweeten up their package by adding a draft pick with Haslem for Humphries, who could give the team more interior presence and rebounding at the power forward spot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video