NBA Trade News: Udonis Haslem for Kris Humphries Swap Gaining Buzz on Trading Floor: Celtics & Heat Trade Rumours
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 7, 2014 11:53 PM EST
The Miami Heat are reportedly looking to add another piece in their championship puzzle via trade, and the name of Boston Celtics power forward Kris Humphries bobbed out as a possible trade deadline acquisition for the defending two-time NBA champion.
NBA: Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat
According to Larry Seely of the Digital Journal, the Celtics could make a deal with their former Eastern Conference rival for Humphries, who is doing pretty well on the floor as of late.
Humphries, who is one of several Brooklyn Nets players acquired by the Celtics in last summer's blockbuster trade, is averaging 7.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game. However, Humphries expiring contract worth $12 million makes him a more attractive trade bait of the Celtics.
Seely stressed the Celtics are sure to be in selling mode as they attempt to acquire assets and dump big salaries for them to have financial flexibility to sign All-Star caliber player this coming free agency period.
"Boston Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge is in a selling mood as he looks to lower the teams salary cap before this summer, hoping to land a big name free agent and get his team back as a contender in the Eastern Conference," Seely said in his latest article.
Miami Heat trade
With the Pacers adding more beef in their lineup through the acquisition of Andrew Bynum, the Heat front office is aware that they have to make significant moves such as improving their frontline.
"Miami has the 'Big Three', but the Indiana pacers have shown the NBA and especially the Heat that they are for real. The Pacers just signed Andrew Bynum, making their roster deeper in talent and sending the league a message, this team is here to win a championship," said Digital times.
Veteran power forward Udonis Haslem emerges as the Heat's potential trade chip. Haslem, who won three NBA championships with the Heat, could see himself playing for another team for the first time in his career.
The Heat could sweeten up their package by adding a draft pick with Haslem for Humphries, who could give the team more interior presence and rebounding at the power forward spot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet