Auto Expo 2014: Bajaj SS400 and CS400 Pulsars Steal the Show
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 11:40 PM EST
Two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj took millions of fans by surprise when it pulled the wraps off its SS400 and CS400 bikes, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Newly built motorbikes at the Bajaj Auto Ltd. plant in Pune.
When two-wheeler aficionados in India were expecting the faired version of the Pulsar 200NS from Bajaj, the company unveiled the two new editions of its much popular Pulsar brand. Though the availability and the pricing details of the two new large capacity Pulsars are yet to be revealed, the buzz in the two wheeler market indicates that the bikes will hit Indian roads by late 2014 or early 2015.
Both bikes pack 75cc liquid-cooled, 4-valve triple spark engine and is mated to a six-speed transmission, with fuel injection. Pulsar SS400 shares similarities with the earlier rumoured Pulsar 375. It also gets the anti-lock braking system (ABS) as standard.
Besides motorcycles, Bajaj also grabbed a lot of attention with the introduction of RE60 people carrier. The vehicle packs 216cc, liquid-cooled 4-valve, triple spark engine, mated to an automatic transmission. The company claims 37kmpl of fuel efficiency for the model.
"I have designed and personally hand-painted each of the RE60 art quadricycles in my abstract macro style to represent symbolically 5 national icons that along with Bajaj auto represent the fabric of the Indian culture" said the popular Australian artist and sculptor, Christopher Hogan, as quoted by Indiancarsbikes.
Bajaj also gave another surprise with the introduction of its UCAR brand, which is essentially a personalised version of the RE60.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date