Auto Expo 2014: Bajaj SS400 and CS400 Pulsars Steal the Show
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 11:40 PM EST
Two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj took millions of fans by surprise when it pulled the wraps off its SS400 and CS400 bikes, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Newly built motorbikes at the Bajaj Auto Ltd. plant in Pune.
When two-wheeler aficionados in India were expecting the faired version of the Pulsar 200NS from Bajaj, the company unveiled the two new editions of its much popular Pulsar brand. Though the availability and the pricing details of the two new large capacity Pulsars are yet to be revealed, the buzz in the two wheeler market indicates that the bikes will hit Indian roads by late 2014 or early 2015.
Both bikes pack 75cc liquid-cooled, 4-valve triple spark engine and is mated to a six-speed transmission, with fuel injection. Pulsar SS400 shares similarities with the earlier rumoured Pulsar 375. It also gets the anti-lock braking system (ABS) as standard.
Besides motorcycles, Bajaj also grabbed a lot of attention with the introduction of RE60 people carrier. The vehicle packs 216cc, liquid-cooled 4-valve, triple spark engine, mated to an automatic transmission. The company claims 37kmpl of fuel efficiency for the model.
"I have designed and personally hand-painted each of the RE60 art quadricycles in my abstract macro style to represent symbolically 5 national icons that along with Bajaj auto represent the fabric of the Indian culture" said the popular Australian artist and sculptor, Christopher Hogan, as quoted by Indiancarsbikes.
Bajaj also gave another surprise with the introduction of its UCAR brand, which is essentially a personalised version of the RE60.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions