Auto Expo 2014: Bajaj SS400 and CS400 Pulsars Steal the Show
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 11:40 PM EST
Two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj took millions of fans by surprise when it pulled the wraps off its SS400 and CS400 bikes, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Newly built motorbikes at the Bajaj Auto Ltd. plant in Pune.
When two-wheeler aficionados in India were expecting the faired version of the Pulsar 200NS from Bajaj, the company unveiled the two new editions of its much popular Pulsar brand. Though the availability and the pricing details of the two new large capacity Pulsars are yet to be revealed, the buzz in the two wheeler market indicates that the bikes will hit Indian roads by late 2014 or early 2015.
Both bikes pack 75cc liquid-cooled, 4-valve triple spark engine and is mated to a six-speed transmission, with fuel injection. Pulsar SS400 shares similarities with the earlier rumoured Pulsar 375. It also gets the anti-lock braking system (ABS) as standard.
Besides motorcycles, Bajaj also grabbed a lot of attention with the introduction of RE60 people carrier. The vehicle packs 216cc, liquid-cooled 4-valve, triple spark engine, mated to an automatic transmission. The company claims 37kmpl of fuel efficiency for the model.
"I have designed and personally hand-painted each of the RE60 art quadricycles in my abstract macro style to represent symbolically 5 national icons that along with Bajaj auto represent the fabric of the Indian culture" said the popular Australian artist and sculptor, Christopher Hogan, as quoted by Indiancarsbikes.
Bajaj also gave another surprise with the introduction of its UCAR brand, which is essentially a personalised version of the RE60.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge