Auto Expo 2014: Bajaj SS400 and CS400 Pulsars Steal the Show
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 11:40 PM EST
Two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj took millions of fans by surprise when it pulled the wraps off its SS400 and CS400 bikes, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Newly built motorbikes at the Bajaj Auto Ltd. plant in Pune.
When two-wheeler aficionados in India were expecting the faired version of the Pulsar 200NS from Bajaj, the company unveiled the two new editions of its much popular Pulsar brand. Though the availability and the pricing details of the two new large capacity Pulsars are yet to be revealed, the buzz in the two wheeler market indicates that the bikes will hit Indian roads by late 2014 or early 2015.
Both bikes pack 75cc liquid-cooled, 4-valve triple spark engine and is mated to a six-speed transmission, with fuel injection. Pulsar SS400 shares similarities with the earlier rumoured Pulsar 375. It also gets the anti-lock braking system (ABS) as standard.
Besides motorcycles, Bajaj also grabbed a lot of attention with the introduction of RE60 people carrier. The vehicle packs 216cc, liquid-cooled 4-valve, triple spark engine, mated to an automatic transmission. The company claims 37kmpl of fuel efficiency for the model.
"I have designed and personally hand-painted each of the RE60 art quadricycles in my abstract macro style to represent symbolically 5 national icons that along with Bajaj auto represent the fabric of the Indian culture" said the popular Australian artist and sculptor, Christopher Hogan, as quoted by Indiancarsbikes.
Bajaj also gave another surprise with the introduction of its UCAR brand, which is essentially a personalised version of the RE60.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People