Box Office Collection: ‘Jai Ho’ Continues to Earn; ‘One By Two’ Disaster
By Ankita Mehta | February 7, 2014 10:00 PM EST
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" and Abhay Deol's "One By Two" completed their respective weeks at the domestic box office.
Directed by Sohail Khan, "Jai Ho" was the top choice for moviegoers even in its second week, despite the presence of a new release. The business of the film declined drastically in its second week but it still managed to cross the ₹100 crore mark.
The film fetched approximately ₹19 crore in the second week, taking its overall business to around ₹107 crore, according to Koimoi.com. In its first week, "Jai Ho" had accumulated around ₹88.78 crore. [Read the first week report here]
Released in more than 4,500 screens in India, "Jai Ho" took off at the box office on a slow note, and followed the same pattern throughout the first week. In week two, the earnings of the film was steady but was still on the lower side.
The collection would go further down this week since "Hasee Toh Phasee" has hit the silver screens. The film has got good reviews and positive word of mouth from critics, as well audiences. [Read the critics review here]
One By Two
The romantic comedy had failed to start on a good note at the collection centers and had a poor first week. The film managed to collect approximately ₹2.5 crore at the domestic centres from its first seven days, according to boxofficeindia.
The film will continue its dismissal performance in the second week since a new film has been released this week.
"One By Two", also starring Preeti Desai, will only add a few more lakhs to form its lifetime total.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown