Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS Rolled out to HTC One in India: Report
By Rohit KVN | February 7, 2014 9:22 PM EST
It's been only few days since the Taiwanese smartphone firm began rolling out the KitKat update to the flagship HTC One in USA and Europe. Now the company has released the latest chocolate wafer flavored android update in Asia, including India.
An attendee tests the new HTC One during a launch event in New York, February 19, 2013.
XDA developer's forum member, known by his moniker, Nitin_Ko has revealed that the 330.06MB size v4.4.2 KitKat (build version: 4.20.707.7) update has been made available for HTC One (Single-SIM model) in India via OTA. He also posted a screen-shot of the smartphone's system update to corroborate his claim. [To view, click here].
HTC One owners can check their smartphones for OTA update by going to -
Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now.
According to the change log, the new firmware will bring-in bug fixes and few enhancements, such as improved memory management, security, cloud print service, new Bluetooth profiles to provide media interactions and more.
Apart from India, Android v4.4.2 update is also reportedly seeding to HTC One smartphones in Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia.
The news is a pleasant surprise for many fans, as HTC never mentioned Asia, when it announced the schedule of KitKat roll out for HTC One outside America. The Taiwanese firm had mentioned that only EMEA (Europe, Middle-East and Africa) regions would get the software update by January end. A number of European regions are yet to receive the firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James