Auto Expo 2014: Triumph Drives in Daytona 675; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles has rolled out the Daytona 675 in India, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Priced at ₹10.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Daytona 675 comes with a 3-cylinder liquid-cooled, 12-valve, DOHC, in-line 675cc engine, which is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine pumps a power of 128PS at 12500rpm and a peak torque of 74Nm at 9750rpm.
Daytona 675 measures 2,045 mm in length and has a wheelbase of 1,375 mm. It comes with fully adjustable front and rear KYB suspension and with low and high speed compression damping adjustment. Triumph's super-sport motorcycle also offers Nissin 4-piston radial black calipers at the back. The company, which aims to sell 500 bikes over the next six months, also announced the commencement of bookings in Delhi and Chennai at the Auto Expo 2014.
The iconic bike maker had earlier announced the launch of 10 models in India. The model range included Bonneville and Bonneville T100, Speed Triple and Street Triple, Daytona 675R supersports bike, Thruxton cafe racer, Tiger 800XC and Tiger Explorer adventure bikes, Thunderbird Storm and the 2,300cc Rocket III Roadster.
The Bonneville T100, Daytona 675R, Street Triple, Speed Triple and Thruxto bikes will be assembled locally in India at the company's Manesar plant and the Rocket III Roadster, Tiger Explorer, Tiger 800 XC and Thunderbird Storm will be brought to the country as completely built units (CBUs).
"Our exclusive dealerships are currently operational in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Bookings have been announced for Mumbai and Pune dealerships, which will start by March. But bookings for Delhi and Chennai will start from today and the dealerships will be operational very soon. Over the next few months there will be many more dealerships that will open up across the country," said Vimal Sumbly, MD, Triumph Motorcycles India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More