Auto Expo 2014: Triumph Drives in Daytona 675; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles has rolled out the Daytona 675 in India, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Priced at ₹10.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Daytona 675 comes with a 3-cylinder liquid-cooled, 12-valve, DOHC, in-line 675cc engine, which is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine pumps a power of 128PS at 12500rpm and a peak torque of 74Nm at 9750rpm.
Daytona 675 measures 2,045 mm in length and has a wheelbase of 1,375 mm. It comes with fully adjustable front and rear KYB suspension and with low and high speed compression damping adjustment. Triumph's super-sport motorcycle also offers Nissin 4-piston radial black calipers at the back. The company, which aims to sell 500 bikes over the next six months, also announced the commencement of bookings in Delhi and Chennai at the Auto Expo 2014.
The iconic bike maker had earlier announced the launch of 10 models in India. The model range included Bonneville and Bonneville T100, Speed Triple and Street Triple, Daytona 675R supersports bike, Thruxton cafe racer, Tiger 800XC and Tiger Explorer adventure bikes, Thunderbird Storm and the 2,300cc Rocket III Roadster.
The Bonneville T100, Daytona 675R, Street Triple, Speed Triple and Thruxto bikes will be assembled locally in India at the company's Manesar plant and the Rocket III Roadster, Tiger Explorer, Tiger 800 XC and Thunderbird Storm will be brought to the country as completely built units (CBUs).
"Our exclusive dealerships are currently operational in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Bookings have been announced for Mumbai and Pune dealerships, which will start by March. But bookings for Delhi and Chennai will start from today and the dealerships will be operational very soon. Over the next few months there will be many more dealerships that will open up across the country," said Vimal Sumbly, MD, Triumph Motorcycles India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge