Auto Expo 2014: Triumph Drives in Daytona 675; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles has rolled out the Daytona 675 in India, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Priced at ₹10.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Daytona 675 comes with a 3-cylinder liquid-cooled, 12-valve, DOHC, in-line 675cc engine, which is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine pumps a power of 128PS at 12500rpm and a peak torque of 74Nm at 9750rpm.
Daytona 675 measures 2,045 mm in length and has a wheelbase of 1,375 mm. It comes with fully adjustable front and rear KYB suspension and with low and high speed compression damping adjustment. Triumph's super-sport motorcycle also offers Nissin 4-piston radial black calipers at the back. The company, which aims to sell 500 bikes over the next six months, also announced the commencement of bookings in Delhi and Chennai at the Auto Expo 2014.
The iconic bike maker had earlier announced the launch of 10 models in India. The model range included Bonneville and Bonneville T100, Speed Triple and Street Triple, Daytona 675R supersports bike, Thruxton cafe racer, Tiger 800XC and Tiger Explorer adventure bikes, Thunderbird Storm and the 2,300cc Rocket III Roadster.
The Bonneville T100, Daytona 675R, Street Triple, Speed Triple and Thruxto bikes will be assembled locally in India at the company's Manesar plant and the Rocket III Roadster, Tiger Explorer, Tiger 800 XC and Thunderbird Storm will be brought to the country as completely built units (CBUs).
"Our exclusive dealerships are currently operational in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Bookings have been announced for Mumbai and Pune dealerships, which will start by March. But bookings for Delhi and Chennai will start from today and the dealerships will be operational very soon. Over the next few months there will be many more dealerships that will open up across the country," said Vimal Sumbly, MD, Triumph Motorcycles India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery