Auto Expo 2014: Triumph Drives in Daytona 675; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles has rolled out the Daytona 675 in India, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Priced at ₹10.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Daytona 675 comes with a 3-cylinder liquid-cooled, 12-valve, DOHC, in-line 675cc engine, which is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine pumps a power of 128PS at 12500rpm and a peak torque of 74Nm at 9750rpm.
Daytona 675 measures 2,045 mm in length and has a wheelbase of 1,375 mm. It comes with fully adjustable front and rear KYB suspension and with low and high speed compression damping adjustment. Triumph's super-sport motorcycle also offers Nissin 4-piston radial black calipers at the back. The company, which aims to sell 500 bikes over the next six months, also announced the commencement of bookings in Delhi and Chennai at the Auto Expo 2014.
The iconic bike maker had earlier announced the launch of 10 models in India. The model range included Bonneville and Bonneville T100, Speed Triple and Street Triple, Daytona 675R supersports bike, Thruxton cafe racer, Tiger 800XC and Tiger Explorer adventure bikes, Thunderbird Storm and the 2,300cc Rocket III Roadster.
The Bonneville T100, Daytona 675R, Street Triple, Speed Triple and Thruxto bikes will be assembled locally in India at the company's Manesar plant and the Rocket III Roadster, Tiger Explorer, Tiger 800 XC and Thunderbird Storm will be brought to the country as completely built units (CBUs).
"Our exclusive dealerships are currently operational in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Bookings have been announced for Mumbai and Pune dealerships, which will start by March. But bookings for Delhi and Chennai will start from today and the dealerships will be operational very soon. Over the next few months there will be many more dealerships that will open up across the country," said Vimal Sumbly, MD, Triumph Motorcycles India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015