Auto Expo 2014: Triumph Drives in Daytona 675; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles has rolled out the Daytona 675 in India, on the second day of the Auto Expo 2014.
Priced at ₹10.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Daytona 675 comes with a 3-cylinder liquid-cooled, 12-valve, DOHC, in-line 675cc engine, which is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine pumps a power of 128PS at 12500rpm and a peak torque of 74Nm at 9750rpm.
Daytona 675 measures 2,045 mm in length and has a wheelbase of 1,375 mm. It comes with fully adjustable front and rear KYB suspension and with low and high speed compression damping adjustment. Triumph's super-sport motorcycle also offers Nissin 4-piston radial black calipers at the back. The company, which aims to sell 500 bikes over the next six months, also announced the commencement of bookings in Delhi and Chennai at the Auto Expo 2014.
The iconic bike maker had earlier announced the launch of 10 models in India. The model range included Bonneville and Bonneville T100, Speed Triple and Street Triple, Daytona 675R supersports bike, Thruxton cafe racer, Tiger 800XC and Tiger Explorer adventure bikes, Thunderbird Storm and the 2,300cc Rocket III Roadster.
The Bonneville T100, Daytona 675R, Street Triple, Speed Triple and Thruxto bikes will be assembled locally in India at the company's Manesar plant and the Rocket III Roadster, Tiger Explorer, Tiger 800 XC and Thunderbird Storm will be brought to the country as completely built units (CBUs).
"Our exclusive dealerships are currently operational in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Bookings have been announced for Mumbai and Pune dealerships, which will start by March. But bookings for Delhi and Chennai will start from today and the dealerships will be operational very soon. Over the next few months there will be many more dealerships that will open up across the country," said Vimal Sumbly, MD, Triumph Motorcycles India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet