Apollo Nida Fraud: Is Phaedra Parks the Real Crooked Attorney?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 7, 2014 7:27 PM EST
Apollo Nida has been accused of being involved with a fraud scandal. Currently, a female source named Angela Stanton has reportedly claimed his wife, the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" Star Phaedra Parks was the mastermind behind Nida's alleged fraudulent dealings such as bank fraud and identity theft charges. She noted Parks is now facing disbarment from the Georgia State Bar.
Stanton has served time in prison with Nida and another business partner. She said Parks was linked to the fraudulent scheme from 2004-2009 but Parks was too witty and smart to get caught. A court document showed Stanton saying that Nida and Parks made fraudulent insurance checks.
"We were all involved in the federal racketeering scheme against the federal government. Phaedra's schemes were elaborate and clever. I often found myself excited about learning her tricks of the trade. She was the crooked attorney who knew how to commute crimes against the federal government."
Stanton has tried to tell her story to Vibe magazine in May 2012 but Parks allegedly shut it down with a lawsuit against the magazine. She also took legal action against Stanton and a judge has yet to rule on the case. She also wrote a book entitled, "Lies of a Real Housewife."
According to Radar Online, documents from the Georgia Secretary of State show that Phaedra was listed as a founding officer with Nida's business, including Nida Inc., National Recovery Group, Inc., Nida Group, Inc. and Nida Fitness Inc. None of these corporations were listed as prosecution targets in Apollo's case. National Recovery Group, as listed above, was allegedly a debt collection company like many companies mentioned in the complaint.
Reports noted an American Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad named Alexandre Herrera said Nida ripped people off by opening fake bank accounts under their real names.
He was also accused of getting a hold of stolen retirement checks for Delta Airline employees, stolen U.S. Treasury checks and unclaimed tax checks. The mentioned companies were allegedly set up to access Equifax, LexisNexis and other similar databases.
Phaedra was not being disbarred by the Georgia State Bar, which stated, "She is still an active member with no public discipline. Parks has never been suspended or disbarred and is a member in good standing."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares