Apollo Nida Fraud: Is Phaedra Parks the Real Crooked Attorney?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 7, 2014 7:27 PM EST
Apollo Nida has been accused of being involved with a fraud scandal. Currently, a female source named Angela Stanton has reportedly claimed his wife, the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" Star Phaedra Parks was the mastermind behind Nida's alleged fraudulent dealings such as bank fraud and identity theft charges. She noted Parks is now facing disbarment from the Georgia State Bar.
Stanton has served time in prison with Nida and another business partner. She said Parks was linked to the fraudulent scheme from 2004-2009 but Parks was too witty and smart to get caught. A court document showed Stanton saying that Nida and Parks made fraudulent insurance checks.
"We were all involved in the federal racketeering scheme against the federal government. Phaedra's schemes were elaborate and clever. I often found myself excited about learning her tricks of the trade. She was the crooked attorney who knew how to commute crimes against the federal government."
Stanton has tried to tell her story to Vibe magazine in May 2012 but Parks allegedly shut it down with a lawsuit against the magazine. She also took legal action against Stanton and a judge has yet to rule on the case. She also wrote a book entitled, "Lies of a Real Housewife."
According to Radar Online, documents from the Georgia Secretary of State show that Phaedra was listed as a founding officer with Nida's business, including Nida Inc., National Recovery Group, Inc., Nida Group, Inc. and Nida Fitness Inc. None of these corporations were listed as prosecution targets in Apollo's case. National Recovery Group, as listed above, was allegedly a debt collection company like many companies mentioned in the complaint.
Reports noted an American Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad named Alexandre Herrera said Nida ripped people off by opening fake bank accounts under their real names.
He was also accused of getting a hold of stolen retirement checks for Delta Airline employees, stolen U.S. Treasury checks and unclaimed tax checks. The mentioned companies were allegedly set up to access Equifax, LexisNexis and other similar databases.
Phaedra was not being disbarred by the Georgia State Bar, which stated, "She is still an active member with no public discipline. Parks has never been suspended or disbarred and is a member in good standing."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]