See Now! Miley Cyrus' Uncensored 'MTV Unplugged' Performance: Singer Covers Arctic Moneys Song [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 7, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has done a cover of Arctic Monkey's song "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High," during her recent "MTV Unplugged" performance and it's worth listening to, according to various websites. MTV has released "Miley Cyrus: MTV Unplugged & Uncensored" on Thursday which shows the singer killing it on the song wearing a tattered denim bikini and long pants.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
Miley Cyrus' "Unplugged" episode has s the highest rating for an episode of "Unplugged" in a decade, MTV reports adding that nearly 1 million television viewers were glued to see Miley rock the performances on Jan. 29. However MTV saved the best for the last and hence has come out with over of Arctic Monkeys' "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High" that was not featured on the original episode. But it's here now and Miley's fan can watch it here.
The singer completely rocked her "Unplugged" performance for MTV in a very Miley-way. She twerked on a horse, became a cowboy, donned a rustic check shirt and a hat and even got pop diva Madonna strike her signature pose - stick the tongue out! Viewers had a gala time watching Miley Cyrus and Madonna do a mash-up on "We Can't Stop" and "Don't Tell Me."
The 21-year-old was at her peppiest best during the MTV Unplugged performances and interacted with the audience. "I don't know if you guys know this or not, but I'm from Nashville," said Miley, according to MTV
"And since I couldn't make all of you guys go back home with me, I tried to bring Nashville here for tonight," she added. Throughout the show Miley stuck to songs from her latest album "Bangerz" but she also paid tribute to her aunt Dolly Patron when she covered "Jolene."
"It's so weird not having this be a real show," Miley said at one point. "I wanted it to be in a club, but they probably knew I wouldn't be onstage -- singing my songs, anyway," the singer further added. Miley Cyrus: Unplugged airs on MTV tonight at 9 p.m.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier