5 Valentines Movies You Should Definitely Watch
By charmaine corne clutton | February 7, 2014 6:58 PM EST
It's that time of the year where you sulk in your room brooding over your self esteem issues as you gobble down a can of ice cream or any kind of comfort food. Yes, folks, it's Valentine's again-and like any Feb. 14, you have no one to spend that special day with. With the dawn of the new millenium, spending Valentine's doesnt' seem that bad. If you can occupy yourself with your favorite book, series or movie, then you are good to go.
In terms of movies, you definitely should start stocking up on those rom-coms to keep you company this Valentine's. Below are some of the all-time best Valentine's movies that you can enjoy with your single (blessed) self!
5# Bridget Jones Diary
Eleven years since its debut and yet every woman still clings on to this movie like it's something integral in them. We all have that Bridget in us, who tries to make amends with herself yet falls short of society's expectations. Who could actually forget the witty banters Hugh Grant and Colin Firth all made the movie extra sweeter in time for that single Valentine's party.
#4 The Notebook
If you haven't watched the Notebook, then you obviously have to do yourself a favor. Go get the nearest DVD and watch it. Make sure to bring extra rolls of tissue paper as this movie is definitely one tearjerker. Hearthtrob Ryan Gosling and his ex-lady love Rachel McAdams did a fantastic portrayal of Nicholas Sparks' characters. The movie revolves around summer fling that had blossomed into a "till-death do us part" relationship.
#3 When Harry Met Sally
If you're up for one quintessential American flick, then this movie is definitely for you. The movie basically stars Harry (Billy Crystal) and Sally (Meg Ryan) who started out as friends but later on realized their love for each other. The dramatic irony that really sets this movie apart is undeniable--"When Harry Met Sally" would leave you fuming and saying "Just Kiss Her!" etc.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet - one of the best grossing films of all time. Need I say more? "Titanic is the holy grail of all romantic movies. The story plot is enough to make you go ballistic for months."
#1 Love Actually
This British romcom takes the cake when it comes to romantic movies. Starring a myriad of actors such as Bill Nighty, Keira Knightley, Liam Neeson and Hugh Grant, this hodgepodge of little scenes are enough to make you glued to the monitor for the duration of the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'