5 Valentines Movies You Should Definitely Watch
By charmaine corne clutton | February 7, 2014 6:58 PM EST
It's that time of the year where you sulk in your room brooding over your self esteem issues as you gobble down a can of ice cream or any kind of comfort food. Yes, folks, it's Valentine's again-and like any Feb. 14, you have no one to spend that special day with. With the dawn of the new millenium, spending Valentine's doesnt' seem that bad. If you can occupy yourself with your favorite book, series or movie, then you are good to go.
In terms of movies, you definitely should start stocking up on those rom-coms to keep you company this Valentine's. Below are some of the all-time best Valentine's movies that you can enjoy with your single (blessed) self!
5# Bridget Jones Diary
Eleven years since its debut and yet every woman still clings on to this movie like it's something integral in them. We all have that Bridget in us, who tries to make amends with herself yet falls short of society's expectations. Who could actually forget the witty banters Hugh Grant and Colin Firth all made the movie extra sweeter in time for that single Valentine's party.
#4 The Notebook
If you haven't watched the Notebook, then you obviously have to do yourself a favor. Go get the nearest DVD and watch it. Make sure to bring extra rolls of tissue paper as this movie is definitely one tearjerker. Hearthtrob Ryan Gosling and his ex-lady love Rachel McAdams did a fantastic portrayal of Nicholas Sparks' characters. The movie revolves around summer fling that had blossomed into a "till-death do us part" relationship.
#3 When Harry Met Sally
If you're up for one quintessential American flick, then this movie is definitely for you. The movie basically stars Harry (Billy Crystal) and Sally (Meg Ryan) who started out as friends but later on realized their love for each other. The dramatic irony that really sets this movie apart is undeniable--"When Harry Met Sally" would leave you fuming and saying "Just Kiss Her!" etc.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet - one of the best grossing films of all time. Need I say more? "Titanic is the holy grail of all romantic movies. The story plot is enough to make you go ballistic for months."
#1 Love Actually
This British romcom takes the cake when it comes to romantic movies. Starring a myriad of actors such as Bill Nighty, Keira Knightley, Liam Neeson and Hugh Grant, this hodgepodge of little scenes are enough to make you glued to the monitor for the duration of the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar