5 Valentines Movies You Should Definitely Watch
By charmaine corne clutton | February 7, 2014 6:58 PM EST
It's that time of the year where you sulk in your room brooding over your self esteem issues as you gobble down a can of ice cream or any kind of comfort food. Yes, folks, it's Valentine's again-and like any Feb. 14, you have no one to spend that special day with. With the dawn of the new millenium, spending Valentine's doesnt' seem that bad. If you can occupy yourself with your favorite book, series or movie, then you are good to go.
In terms of movies, you definitely should start stocking up on those rom-coms to keep you company this Valentine's. Below are some of the all-time best Valentine's movies that you can enjoy with your single (blessed) self!
5# Bridget Jones Diary
Eleven years since its debut and yet every woman still clings on to this movie like it's something integral in them. We all have that Bridget in us, who tries to make amends with herself yet falls short of society's expectations. Who could actually forget the witty banters Hugh Grant and Colin Firth all made the movie extra sweeter in time for that single Valentine's party.
#4 The Notebook
If you haven't watched the Notebook, then you obviously have to do yourself a favor. Go get the nearest DVD and watch it. Make sure to bring extra rolls of tissue paper as this movie is definitely one tearjerker. Hearthtrob Ryan Gosling and his ex-lady love Rachel McAdams did a fantastic portrayal of Nicholas Sparks' characters. The movie revolves around summer fling that had blossomed into a "till-death do us part" relationship.
#3 When Harry Met Sally
If you're up for one quintessential American flick, then this movie is definitely for you. The movie basically stars Harry (Billy Crystal) and Sally (Meg Ryan) who started out as friends but later on realized their love for each other. The dramatic irony that really sets this movie apart is undeniable--"When Harry Met Sally" would leave you fuming and saying "Just Kiss Her!" etc.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet - one of the best grossing films of all time. Need I say more? "Titanic is the holy grail of all romantic movies. The story plot is enough to make you go ballistic for months."
#1 Love Actually
This British romcom takes the cake when it comes to romantic movies. Starring a myriad of actors such as Bill Nighty, Keira Knightley, Liam Neeson and Hugh Grant, this hodgepodge of little scenes are enough to make you glued to the monitor for the duration of the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza