‘The Mortal Instruments’ Lilly Collins Dating Thomas Cocquerel: Five Things to Know About the Australian Actor
By Riza Ornos | February 7, 2014 6:53 PM EST
Known for dating a string of actors, "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" star Lily Collins is currently snuggling Australian actor Thomas Cocquerel. The new couple has only been together recently and plans to keep their budding relationship out of the media. They were introduced by mutual friends and it seems that the two stars hit it off.
"They just started seeing each other. A friend introduced them," says an insider to Us Weekly. "It's new. He is an all around great guy. She's happy."
Collins is clearly not letting her break-up from Zac Efron bring her down and she is in a rebound. The 24-year-old "Snow White" star is early smitten with his new Aussie beau when she posted a photo of herself with Thomas and fellow actor friend Samuel Nolan in her WhoSay account.
The caption of the photo reads: "Shhh #don'tsayaword but @thomasdominique, @samuelwnolan, and I are playing games during the 'big' game. Honorary 3rd wheel Australian."
The actress posted the photo while watching the Super Bowl on Sunday and she has been enjoying meeting Thomas' Australian friends. Both stars shares the same laid back sensibilities and Collins jokes around that she is learning how to be an Aussie.
Here are the five things to know about Lily Collins latest fling, Thomas Cocquerel.
1. Thomas is known for his role as Barlow Blair in "Walk Right In" in 2013 and he is currently filming in the U.S. on his latest movie "Kidnapping of Freddy Heineken" with Jim Sturgess and Ryan Kwanten.
2. He is also going to appear in Channel Nine's new TV series "Love Child" and he will play as Bernie.
3. The Sydney-based actor lives with his banker father, his mother and three younger sisters.
4. Back in September 2013, Cocquerel told Daily Telegraph and he wants to challenge himself as an actor. "I want to do good movies and I want to work hard and challenge myself as an actor," he revealed in an interview. "It has been a dream of mine since I was a kid and I just want to be an actor."
5. He is a graduate of Australia's exclusive school Sydney Church of England Grammar School at North Sydney in 2007. He also studied at the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA), the same school where Sam Worthington, Baz Luhrman, Mel Gibson and Cate Blanchett graduated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report