Auto Expo 2014: Honda Jazz and Mobilio Make Indian Debut; Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Japanese auto giant Honda debuted its much anticipated Jazz and Mobilio MPV at the 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo.
The logo of the Honda Motor Co on a steering wheel of a car.
Jazz and Mobilio that are specially designed to fit Indian roads will make its market debut during 2014-2015.
Flaunting a sporty and contemporary style, the new Honda Mobilio will be offered in both petrol and diesel engines in the country. While the petrol model of the car will pack 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp, the diesel variant will come with 98bhp, 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The car will take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Chevrolet Enjoy and Nissan Evalia in the domestic market. The Mobilio is based on the Honda's popular Brio hatchback platform and will house a slew of new features like headlights, larger front grille, three-spoke steering wheel and air conditioner.
Indian auto lovers have waited long to see the third generation Jazz from the maker of Amaze. The latest Jazz will be launched with petrol and a diesel engine. The petrol version of the Jazz will come with the same 1.2-litre, i-VTEC petrol engine, which powers Amaze and Brio. It can generate a power of 87bhp, with a torque of 110Nm @ 4800rpm.The diesel Jazz will pack 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor, which can pump 100PS of power and 200Nm torque. The car will come loaded with features like power steering with mounted audio controls, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, climate control unit and more.
"India is one of the most important markets for global Honda. We have set a challenging sales target of reaching 300,000 units annually by FY'17 in India and we are committed to support this expansion of Honda business by introducing new products and technologies that fit the needs of our Indian customers," said Takanobu Ito, President and CEO, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Japan, according to PTI.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date