Auto Expo 2014: Honda Jazz and Mobilio Make Indian Debut; Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Japanese auto giant Honda debuted its much anticipated Jazz and Mobilio MPV at the 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo.
The logo of the Honda Motor Co on a steering wheel of a car.
Jazz and Mobilio that are specially designed to fit Indian roads will make its market debut during 2014-2015.
Flaunting a sporty and contemporary style, the new Honda Mobilio will be offered in both petrol and diesel engines in the country. While the petrol model of the car will pack 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp, the diesel variant will come with 98bhp, 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The car will take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Chevrolet Enjoy and Nissan Evalia in the domestic market. The Mobilio is based on the Honda's popular Brio hatchback platform and will house a slew of new features like headlights, larger front grille, three-spoke steering wheel and air conditioner.
Indian auto lovers have waited long to see the third generation Jazz from the maker of Amaze. The latest Jazz will be launched with petrol and a diesel engine. The petrol version of the Jazz will come with the same 1.2-litre, i-VTEC petrol engine, which powers Amaze and Brio. It can generate a power of 87bhp, with a torque of 110Nm @ 4800rpm.The diesel Jazz will pack 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor, which can pump 100PS of power and 200Nm torque. The car will come loaded with features like power steering with mounted audio controls, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, climate control unit and more.
"India is one of the most important markets for global Honda. We have set a challenging sales target of reaching 300,000 units annually by FY'17 in India and we are committed to support this expansion of Honda business by introducing new products and technologies that fit the needs of our Indian customers," said Takanobu Ito, President and CEO, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Japan, according to PTI.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28