Auto Expo 2014: Honda Jazz and Mobilio Make Indian Debut; Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Japanese auto giant Honda debuted its much anticipated Jazz and Mobilio MPV at the 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo.
The logo of the Honda Motor Co on a steering wheel of a car.
Jazz and Mobilio that are specially designed to fit Indian roads will make its market debut during 2014-2015.
Flaunting a sporty and contemporary style, the new Honda Mobilio will be offered in both petrol and diesel engines in the country. While the petrol model of the car will pack 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp, the diesel variant will come with 98bhp, 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The car will take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Chevrolet Enjoy and Nissan Evalia in the domestic market. The Mobilio is based on the Honda's popular Brio hatchback platform and will house a slew of new features like headlights, larger front grille, three-spoke steering wheel and air conditioner.
Indian auto lovers have waited long to see the third generation Jazz from the maker of Amaze. The latest Jazz will be launched with petrol and a diesel engine. The petrol version of the Jazz will come with the same 1.2-litre, i-VTEC petrol engine, which powers Amaze and Brio. It can generate a power of 87bhp, with a torque of 110Nm @ 4800rpm.The diesel Jazz will pack 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor, which can pump 100PS of power and 200Nm torque. The car will come loaded with features like power steering with mounted audio controls, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, climate control unit and more.
"India is one of the most important markets for global Honda. We have set a challenging sales target of reaching 300,000 units annually by FY'17 in India and we are committed to support this expansion of Honda business by introducing new products and technologies that fit the needs of our Indian customers," said Takanobu Ito, President and CEO, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Japan, according to PTI.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People