Who Will Win the 2014 NBA Slam Dunk Contest and Why: Damian Lillard, Terrence Ross, Paul George Among Six to Take Flight in New Orleans [VIDEOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | February 7, 2014 6:33 PM EST
The NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Contest during the league’s midseason mania called the NBA All-Star Weekend will have six participants including Toronto Raptors high-flyer Terrence Rose, who is the defending slam dunk champion.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Golden State Warriors
Who will take the crown from Ross this year? Or will the high-flying Raptor defend it and earn back-to-back titles?
Five others will challenge him for the crown: John Wall of the Washington Wizards; Paul George of the Indiana Pacers; Ben McLemore of the Sacramento Kings; Damian Lillard of the Portland Trail Blazers and Harrison Barnes of the Golden State Warriors.
Every year, the NBA Slam Dunk Contest has failed to live up to expectations. The contest’s critics opine that the players participating are not creative or original enough; that the players use too many props and that the fan votes always decide the wrong winner.
Time for these six gentlemen to prove that this year’s affair is going to be, indeed, a slam dunk.
Below are the highlights of each player and their memorable dunk/s recently (ranked from first to last on who we think will win the slam dunk title):
Here's Little Lillard taking his act high above and over the Toronto Raptors:
The defending champ Ross eating The Manimal alive:
Here’s Wall attempting and making the 360 slam:
Not to be outdone, George unleashing his own 360-windmill dunk:
Here’s Barnes over some center from Minnesota:
And here’s Ben McLemore poster with LeBron James:
Kidding, that was him on the shorter end of the stick. Here are real McLemore highlights and yes the rookie got hops:
(Video courtesy of the owners of the respective YouTube accounts)
Who do you think will win the slam dunk contest this year? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales