Sony Xperia SP, TX Android 4.3 Passed Test Hints Rollout for T and V Too; Xperia Z Readied for Android 4.4.2 Before Sony Sirius Launch
By Ryan Inoyori | February 7, 2014 6:23 PM EST
Sony Xperia SP, T, TX and V owners may expect Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update real soon as Vodafone Australia completed the testing for SP and TX. Moreover, Xperia Z users could get Android 4.4 KitKat as early as end of February up to early March according to a Polish network carrier.
Android 4.3: Xperia SP, T, TX and V
Vodafone Australia completed the testing phase of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for Sony Xperia SP and TX. According to their post on the Web site, Xperia SP and TX successfully passed testing phase while Xperia M and Z are still tagged with "testing scheduled."
In addition to finishing and polishing the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware, Vodafone Australia is simply awaiting for the rollout schedule which could happen at any moment. It will reflect Sony's recent claim of push update schedule to "early February" but there is no exact date when and which territories are getting it first-hand. First week of February is out and hopefully owners may be able to get the update during the weekends or early next week.
Meanwhile, Xperia M and Z owners may have to wait a little longer till Android 4.3 is ready which also means Android 4.4 KitKat will likely be delayed per Sony's upcoming schedule.
Xperia T and V users can also expect Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as Sony already planned their upgrades alongside Xperia SP
Android 4.4 KitKat By March
PLAY - a Polish network carrier, recently published the list of devices getting the newest software available and Sony Xperia Z is included. Based on their list grabbed by Xperia Blog, Xperia Z smartphone is getting an Android 4.4.2 KitKat version from PLAY and expected to be released starting at the end of February and early March.
It is not unusual anymore for Sony to pick Xperia Z as they planned that the Z Series should get Android 4.4 first. Xperia Z series includes Z original, Z1, Z Ultra, Z1S, ZR, ZL, Tablet Z and the hybrid SP.
However, Xperia SP falls under mid-range smartphones which would be included in the second list of devices qualified to get Android 4.4. Sony already confirmed Android 4.4 update for SP but still investigating Xperia T, TX and V on receiving the newest firmware.
Originally, Sony was supposed to release 4.4 but it seems like they wanted the owners to get the latest firmware version that contains all necessary bug fixes and other enhancements, and to stay in line with other brands pushing Android 4.4.2.
Interestingly, update schedule as early as next month could also point the upcoming launching date of the rumoured Sony Sirius that runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Will the update happen after the official release of Sony's new pride?
For other Xperia units, Sony Mobile already terminated software support among several smartphones such as Xperia P, U, Sola, Ion and Go which all will stay on their current OS version 4.0 or 4.1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]