New Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Boasts of 4K Display and Ditches Home Button
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 7, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The latest Samsung Galaxy S5 concept image packs a 4K screen display and drops the usual home button in previous Galaxy phones.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 render is created by designer Sayed Mujtaba, who imagined the upcoming Samsung flagship phone to pack high end features. The design is wider compared to its predecessors but, definitely, thinner as it is only 6.95 mm in size, which will make the iPhone 5S thick. The body is made out of a combination of metal and glass.
The concept's screen will pack a smaller 4.2 inch screen but will have 4K pixel resolution, according to Concept-Phones.com. The designer removed the usual home button and replaced it with capacitive buttons. At the back, the handset sports a 16 megapixels camera, just like what the rumours say.
On the other hand, Samsung scheduled a separate event that is entitled UNPACKED 5. This prompted the rumours that the company will finally unveil the heavily rumoured Samsung Galaxy S5. Samsung Galaxy S5 is reported to be unveiled on Feb. 24, which is the same day that the Mobile World Congress kicks off. It is most likely that the device can be purchased in March or April.
Samsung already sent out invitations to the members of the media for its launching event in Barcelona. It seemed that Samsung wants to steal the limelight over other smartphones that will be introduced at the event.
Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy S5 is rumoured to pack 5.25 inch QHD screen display sporting a 2K pixel resolution. The device will be powered by an octo-core Exynos 6 chipset. The international 4G/LTE variant will run with Snapdragon 805 SoC. The handset will run with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS with the rumoured Magazine UI on top. Galaxy S5 will also sport 2900mAh battery.
However, Samsung has not confirmed any of these rumours yet and waiting fans can continue to speculate. Latest rumours claimed that Samsung Galaxy S5 will also be equipped with a fingerprint sensor that is embedded in the device's screen. Thus, users can simply tap anywhere to access the fingerprint features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More