Google Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Motorola To Take the Helm?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 7, 2014 5:44 PM EST
Latest rumors claimed Google Nexus 6 will be manufactured by Motorola, according to a report.
Amid the reports that Google will be dropping the Nexus line, there is no stopping the speculations on the next generation of Nexus smartphone. Many are speculating which manufacturer will make the Nexus 6.
Nexus 6 concept image
According to iDigitalTimes citing Eldar Murtazin, Google Nexus 6 will be developed by Lenovo. Murtazin has a hit and miss reputation. His basis for this statement was because Lenovo bought off Motorola from Google for $2.9 billion.
But Motoring Crunch argued Nexus 6, courtesy of Lenovo, is unlikely. This is until the acquisition will be completed. Some consumers are delighted with the new partnership as both companies are great in their own way. Also, Lenovo can offer Google's Android support.
A Nexus smartphone made by Motorola is more likely. Waiting fans may see a smartphone similar to Moto X2.
Meanwhile, Google Nexus 6 is speculated to pack 5.5-inch 1080 full HD display and a Snapdragon processor.
There were rumors LG will make a comeback in making the Nexus 6 smartphone. Reports said the next-generation Nexus handset will be released on May 17 alongside LG G3.
The report cited LG's decision was because LG G2 did not sell quite well and the company wanted to probably gain an upperhand by releasing its successor earlier than usual. The smartphone was supposed to impress the consumers through its high-end specs.
The report added LG G3 will pack a 5-inch screen display with QHD 2560 x 1140 pixel resolution, an octa-core processor, 16 MP camera with OIS technology. If this rumor were true, LG should be working on the device right now. But there are no signs that the company is releasing the device anytime soon.
There is also the possibility that consumers may not be able to see the successor of Google Nexus 5.
Murtazin said Google will drop the Nexus line shifting its attention to the Google Play Editions of other Android smartphones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3