Manchester United News: Red Devils Defender will Leave Old Trafford After the 2013/14 Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic formally issued a statement, through the club's Web site, that he will be leaving Old Trafford at the end of the 2013/14 season.
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic announced that he will be leaving Old Trafford when the season ends
The Serbian international's contract will expire this coming summer and after eight years of donning the Red uniform, while winning fifteen trophies in the process, he plans to move to a new environment, perhaps to rejuvenate himself and his career.
"It's the last year of my contract and I have had eight wonderful years here," Vidic told manutd.com.
"My time at this great Club will always rank as the best years of my career. I never could have imagined winning 15 trophies and I will certainly never forget that fantastic night in Moscow, memories that will live with me and the fans forever."
"However, I have decided that I will move on at the end of this season. I want to challenge myself again and try to make the best of myself in the coming years."
The United skipper further stated that he has no plans of moving to a Premier League rival, with numerous top European clubs, like Juventus, Monaco, and AC Milan, interested in securing his services.
"I'm not considering staying in England as the only club I ever wanted to play for here is Manchester United and I was lucky enough to be part of this Club for so many years. I've got a few options to move on and I will choose the right one for me and for my family," he revealed.
In any case, such revelation will give David Moyes an additional headache as fellow centre-back Rio Ferdinand also has an expiring contract and is not getting any younger at 35.
The Scot manager must guide the club to European qualification to be able to lure world-class players to head to Manchester.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date