Manchester United News: Red Devils Defender will Leave Old Trafford After the 2013/14 Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic formally issued a statement, through the club's Web site, that he will be leaving Old Trafford at the end of the 2013/14 season.
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic announced that he will be leaving Old Trafford when the season ends
The Serbian international's contract will expire this coming summer and after eight years of donning the Red uniform, while winning fifteen trophies in the process, he plans to move to a new environment, perhaps to rejuvenate himself and his career.
"It's the last year of my contract and I have had eight wonderful years here," Vidic told manutd.com.
"My time at this great Club will always rank as the best years of my career. I never could have imagined winning 15 trophies and I will certainly never forget that fantastic night in Moscow, memories that will live with me and the fans forever."
"However, I have decided that I will move on at the end of this season. I want to challenge myself again and try to make the best of myself in the coming years."
The United skipper further stated that he has no plans of moving to a Premier League rival, with numerous top European clubs, like Juventus, Monaco, and AC Milan, interested in securing his services.
"I'm not considering staying in England as the only club I ever wanted to play for here is Manchester United and I was lucky enough to be part of this Club for so many years. I've got a few options to move on and I will choose the right one for me and for my family," he revealed.
In any case, such revelation will give David Moyes an additional headache as fellow centre-back Rio Ferdinand also has an expiring contract and is not getting any younger at 35.
The Scot manager must guide the club to European qualification to be able to lure world-class players to head to Manchester.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate