Manchester United News: Red Devils Defender will Leave Old Trafford After the 2013/14 Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic formally issued a statement, through the club's Web site, that he will be leaving Old Trafford at the end of the 2013/14 season.
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic announced that he will be leaving Old Trafford when the season ends
The Serbian international's contract will expire this coming summer and after eight years of donning the Red uniform, while winning fifteen trophies in the process, he plans to move to a new environment, perhaps to rejuvenate himself and his career.
"It's the last year of my contract and I have had eight wonderful years here," Vidic told manutd.com.
"My time at this great Club will always rank as the best years of my career. I never could have imagined winning 15 trophies and I will certainly never forget that fantastic night in Moscow, memories that will live with me and the fans forever."
"However, I have decided that I will move on at the end of this season. I want to challenge myself again and try to make the best of myself in the coming years."
The United skipper further stated that he has no plans of moving to a Premier League rival, with numerous top European clubs, like Juventus, Monaco, and AC Milan, interested in securing his services.
"I'm not considering staying in England as the only club I ever wanted to play for here is Manchester United and I was lucky enough to be part of this Club for so many years. I've got a few options to move on and I will choose the right one for me and for my family," he revealed.
In any case, such revelation will give David Moyes an additional headache as fellow centre-back Rio Ferdinand also has an expiring contract and is not getting any younger at 35.
The Scot manager must guide the club to European qualification to be able to lure world-class players to head to Manchester.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report