Manchester United News: Red Devils Defender will Leave Old Trafford After the 2013/14 Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic formally issued a statement, through the club's Web site, that he will be leaving Old Trafford at the end of the 2013/14 season.
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic announced that he will be leaving Old Trafford when the season ends
The Serbian international's contract will expire this coming summer and after eight years of donning the Red uniform, while winning fifteen trophies in the process, he plans to move to a new environment, perhaps to rejuvenate himself and his career.
"It's the last year of my contract and I have had eight wonderful years here," Vidic told manutd.com.
"My time at this great Club will always rank as the best years of my career. I never could have imagined winning 15 trophies and I will certainly never forget that fantastic night in Moscow, memories that will live with me and the fans forever."
"However, I have decided that I will move on at the end of this season. I want to challenge myself again and try to make the best of myself in the coming years."
The United skipper further stated that he has no plans of moving to a Premier League rival, with numerous top European clubs, like Juventus, Monaco, and AC Milan, interested in securing his services.
"I'm not considering staying in England as the only club I ever wanted to play for here is Manchester United and I was lucky enough to be part of this Club for so many years. I've got a few options to move on and I will choose the right one for me and for my family," he revealed.
In any case, such revelation will give David Moyes an additional headache as fellow centre-back Rio Ferdinand also has an expiring contract and is not getting any younger at 35.
The Scot manager must guide the club to European qualification to be able to lure world-class players to head to Manchester.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists