GTA 5 for PC: June Launch Leaked by Czech Retailer
By Aditya Bhat | February 7, 2014 5:00 PM EST
A new leak has suggested that the highly popular game from developer Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5) for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be releasing in June 2014.
The release date was leaked by a Czech video game retailer, SuperGamer, who listed the rumored title on its websites, showing its availability on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from 13 June.
GTA 5 PC version rumored for June release.
However, IBTimes has pointed out that the GTA 5's cover art for the PC version is questionable since it mentions "Games for Windows LIVE." It is a known fact that Microsoft shut down its Games for Windows Live marketplace on 22 August 2013 and users of Games for Windows Live will no longer be able to purchase games. The service no longer exits.
This leak is a continuation of a series of leaks by various retailers, who have been leaking such information on the PC version of the game. The game as of now is only available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 since its launch on 17 September 2013.
A YouTube user, warrockteam1 had posted a video that he claimed showed the gameplay of a PC version of GTA 5. However, the video was removed immediately since it infringed on the copyright claimed by Take-Two Interactive, the distributors of the game. Some had observed that the video footage was fake but others opined that it could have a early version of the PC edition of GTA 5.
Thiago Diniz, CEO of Brazilian digital distribution store, Nuuvem has also alleged that 12 March is the release date for the PC version of GTA 5. "I see no problem talking. I think until now been confirmed. Is scheduled for March on PC, if I'm not mistaken, for the 12th," he said in an interview with Source Code.
Fans are awaiting news from Rockstar Games, which has not revealed any information regarding the PC version of GTA 5.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop