GTA 5 for PC: June Launch Leaked by Czech Retailer
By Aditya Bhat | February 7, 2014 5:00 PM EST
A new leak has suggested that the highly popular game from developer Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5) for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be releasing in June 2014.
The release date was leaked by a Czech video game retailer, SuperGamer, who listed the rumored title on its websites, showing its availability on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from 13 June.
GTA 5 PC version rumored for June release.
However, IBTimes has pointed out that the GTA 5's cover art for the PC version is questionable since it mentions "Games for Windows LIVE." It is a known fact that Microsoft shut down its Games for Windows Live marketplace on 22 August 2013 and users of Games for Windows Live will no longer be able to purchase games. The service no longer exits.
This leak is a continuation of a series of leaks by various retailers, who have been leaking such information on the PC version of the game. The game as of now is only available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 since its launch on 17 September 2013.
A YouTube user, warrockteam1 had posted a video that he claimed showed the gameplay of a PC version of GTA 5. However, the video was removed immediately since it infringed on the copyright claimed by Take-Two Interactive, the distributors of the game. Some had observed that the video footage was fake but others opined that it could have a early version of the PC edition of GTA 5.
Thiago Diniz, CEO of Brazilian digital distribution store, Nuuvem has also alleged that 12 March is the release date for the PC version of GTA 5. "I see no problem talking. I think until now been confirmed. Is scheduled for March on PC, if I'm not mistaken, for the 12th," he said in an interview with Source Code.
Fans are awaiting news from Rockstar Games, which has not revealed any information regarding the PC version of GTA 5.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points