Horrific Near-Crash Highway Video Goes Viral, Canada Police Identified Driver Involved [Video]
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 7, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Canadian police claim to have identified the driver who was driving the truck while it almost met with a terrible accident. The near-crash Canadian video went viral a few days back on YouTube.
A Kansas Highway Patrol motorist assist vehicle stops to help a motorist that slide off interstate highway I-635 in Kansas City, Kansas February 4, 2014.
According to the Ontario Provincial Police, the truck driver believed to have been involved in the potential fatal accident has been tracked down. The incident took place in January 2014 when the truck nearly clashed head-on with another on a highway close to Nipigon, Thunder Bay, CBC News reported. The audio and video of the occurrence, which had been recorded through a dashboard cam by the driver, was widely shared on various social media.
The video showed the driver taking his truck on a snow-covered highway. Soon, another truck is seen in the middle of the road. However, the speed of the truck was so fast that the driver apparently could not stop the vehicle. The snow on the road might also have made it difficult for him to put on a sudden brake.
The driver was assumedly forced to steer the transport vehicle into guardrails in conjunction with Highway 11 to save the truck from a head-on collision. The other truck was apparently passing a snowplow. A terrified "What the hell are you doing!?" was heard from inside the truck while the incident was taking place.
The voice belongs to the driver who also posted the video on YouTube. He is Art Ginter, who spoke to Global News. It was his voice that we hear in the video. He said that he could not believe what he was seeing. He applied the brakes to slow the vehicle down, but he really did not have any idea how he would save himself from the accident. Mr Ginter, 31, referred to the terror in his voice in the video. He said that he did not cross the speed limit as he was driving it at about 80kmph, while the limit was 90.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates