Flappy Bird For Windows Phone Coming This Month
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 7, 2014 4:09 PM EST
You've probably heard of the game "Flappy Bird" if you are still not addicted to it. It is undoubtedly the most popular game in iOS and Android nowadays.
After topping the charts on iOS in the previous month, Flappy Bird, the viral mobile game sensation, is making a big impression on Android after the late-January launch. But the question now is that when is Flappy Bird for Windows Phone platform coming? Will it arrive sometime this month?
The formerly unpopular game was developed by "passionate indie game maker" Doug Nguyen with Vietnam-based developer. According to the developer of Flappy Bird, the game will soon arrive on the Windows Phone handsets.
A tweet reply to one of his fans in Twitter said, "I could estimate 10 days from now. It has to be approved by Microsoft." Basically, the post confirmed that Flappy Bird for Windows Phone will arrive soon.
What Is the Flappy Bird?
The new retro arcade-style app Flappy Bird has already become the rage for both Android and iOS platforms. The game has got many wondering what is the hype all about as it topped the App Store top free apps in the U.S. It has spent most of the month among the top charts. The popularity of the Flappy Bird has been manifested by players having been posting screenshots of their scores all over the social networking Web sites.
The popularity of the game has been linked with its difficulty. Players are challenged to set a high-score on a global leaderboard with only one life. Also, there are no in-app purchases that make the Flappy Bird more challenging.
Players get a point for every pipe they fly through and medals for every 10 points from bronze all the way up to platinum. Currently, according to the leaderboard, there are more than 18 million players of Flappy Bird.
According to the developer, Flappy Bird is easier on Android than iOS. Flappy Bird was first introduced in May 2013 on the iTunes App Store. It only topped the free category in January 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop