Sochi Olympics 2014: Twin Loos and Toilets where Fishing is Banned [PHOTOS]
By Keerthi Mohan | February 7, 2014 4:02 PM EST
The months leading up to the Winter Olympics in Sochi has not been easy for Russia. The country, which is hosting what is believed to be the most expensive Winter Olympics, has come under sharp criticism from the international community for its anti-gay laws. Repeated bomb threats haven't helped matters much.
But, amidst these hurdles too, Sochi has provided its visitors with a number of interesting, and at times wacky, sights. Here is a collection of some of the best photographs.
While Sochi's twin toilets are curious enough, Canadian snowboarder Sebastien Toutant recently uploaded yet another picture of a chart showing some of Sochi's bizzare toilet rules.
In additon to certain hygiene tips, one rule on the chart instructs people to refrain from fishing in the toilet. Check out Toutant's tweet along with the rule chart below.
Sochi is abuzz with construction activities even as athletes prepare for the first full day of competition on Saturday. It is believed that Russian President spent nearly $45 billion to host the most expensive winter Olympics yet.
But despite all the preparations, very few international tourists have arrived at Sochi for the Winter Olympics. Threats of explosion and lack of proper facilities in hotels, such as unheated rooms, are believed to have put off international tourists.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS