'Pokemon X and Y' Pokemon Bank No-Charge Trial Period Update: Details of Free Trial Dates in North America, Europe, Japan and Other Areas [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 7, 2014 3:20 PM EST
The recently launched "Pokemon X and Y" Pokemon Bank includes a no-charge trial period which fans have been waiting for. Here's the latest update about it including details of the free trial dates in North America, Europe, Japan and other areas such as Brazil. Nintendo of North America as well as Pokemon officially announced that the Pokemon Bank is now available in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Brazil. Check out the tweets below.
A Pikachu balloon floats down Sixth Avenue during the 87th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York November 28, 2013.
Pokémon Bank is available in North America! We wish all of our Trainers and their Pokémon many fun adventures in the Kalos region! — Pokémon (@Pokemon) February 6, 2014
According to Nintendo, the Pokemon Bank No-Charge/Free Trial will last for 30 days as long as it is downloaded and activated before the end of the dates below. (Pokemon Bank Free Trial dates differ per region).
Pokemon Bank No-Charge/Free Trial Period:
- JAPAN - from Jan. 22, 2014 (6:00 JST) to Feb. 21, 2014 (23:59 JST)
- EUROPE - from Feb. 4, 2014 (10:00am CET) to March 15, 2014 (12:59am CET)
- U.S., CANADA, MEXICO and BRAZIL - from Feb. 5, 2014 (9:00am PST) to March 14, 2014 (11:59pm PST)
After the free/no-charge 30-day trial period of the Pokemon Bank, then users can decide if they still want to continue using the service and if they do, they have to pay the $4.99, (US and Canada), £4.49 (UK), €4.99 (Europe), ¥500 (Japan), AU$6.50 or NZ$8.50 annual fee.
Nintendo also released new information on how to start the Pokemon Bank Trial Period.
- Keep in mind that the Nintendo "Pokemon X and Y" Pokemon Bank including the Poke Transporter app are only applicable to the following devices: Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL.
- "Pokemon X and Y" players should be at the advanced level of the game and must have received a Pokedex already.
- Active Internet connection.
- A "Pokemon X" or "Pokemon Y" digital or retail copy. For retail copies, the game card must be inserted in order to use the Pokemon Bank and the Poke Transporter.
1. First, download Pokemon Bank from the Nintendo eShop. To download it, just select the "Tap Here to Download" option, click "Next," select "Zip Code," enter the billing zip code and select "OK" twice. Then, select the city, county, and state that best match your location, then select "OK" twice. After that, just select "Purchase and then select "Download Later" or "Download Now." Click HERE to download the "Pokemon X and Y" Pokemon Bank from the Nintendo eShop.
2. After downloading the Pokemon Bank, press the START button once you are at the Pokemon Bank title screen.
3. Enter your password on the on-screen keyboard if you are prompted to sign in to your Nintendo Network ID. If you are not prompted by the game to do so, it will automatically sign you in and connect your device to the Internet.
4. Select "Purchase" and press the A button once you are prompted by the game to buy a Pokemon Bank pass.
5. You will see that the Pokemon Bank 30-Day Trial pass information will show that it costs $0.00. Just select "Download" from the touch screen.
6. After that, you will be taken to the Pokemon Bank Main Menu and your 30-Day free trial period will now begin.
And that's it. Once the Pokemon Bank as well as the Poke Transporter app is up and running in either your Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, then you can now use it for free to transfer and store your Pokemon collections in the Internet. Finally, the long wait is over for the Pokemon Bank and its No-charge trial period. At least, it's worth the wait. Enjoy playing!
Pokemon Bank Now Available for Download in North America 3DS eShop, Download Before March 14, 2014 to Get 30-Day No-Charge Trial Period [WATCH VIDEO] (Click HERE)
'Pokemon X and Y': Pokemon Bank No-Charge Trial Period Update (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’