Chelsea FC Transfer News: Agents discusses PSG Striker's Future with Blues and United in London
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Edinson Cavani's agents meet with Chelsea and Manchester United officials in London to discuss the striker's future
The unsettled 26-year-old is featuring regularly for PSG, albeit in an unfavoured wide position to give way to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who operates in the middle of the attacking third.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is looking for that missing piece of the puzzle on his frontline.
Fernando Torres, while making up for his hard work on and off the pitch, is still failing to deliver the goods and the Portuguese manager might be getting impatient and might look to dispose of him this coming summer.
On the other hand, the west London club is anticipated to offer Samuel Eto'o an extension following strings of impressive performances, while Demba Ba is expected to find game-time elsewhere.
Meanhwile, United manager David Moyes is looking to revamp his squad, however, a deal involving Cavani will depend on whether the Red Devils will be able to clinch Champions League qualification or not.
Interestingly, PSG president Nasser El-Khelaifi has handed out a warning to clubs who are looking to snatch any of his players that he will return the favour by buying their team's key superstars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar