'Titanfall' Requires Origin, Has No Open Beta and Will Have SmartGlass and Localisation Features After Launch
By Gel Galang | February 7, 2014 12:26 PM EST
"Titanfall" is an Xbox One and Xbox 360 exclusive as far as the console wars between the PS4 and Xbox One is concerned. However, it is also slated to appear on the PC for those who prefer to play with a mouse and keyboard.
The minimum requirements to play "Titanfall" on the PC have already been released, but it seems that a more important requirement for some gamers would be the announcement that "Titanfall" will also need Origin.
In an exchange between Vince Zampella, CEO for Respawn Entertainment, and a fan, John Connorski, GameSpot shows that Origin is, indeed, one of the most important requirements for the game:
@Klink77 yes it does, we'll miss you :(
— Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) February 4, 2014
*Possible leads to the "GTA 5" DLC found by avid fans and gamers: Read the details here.
'Titanfall's' Beta Access
For those who have been waiting for details on "Titanfall's" beta access, no specific date has yet been announced. But even though it was previously stated by developer Respawn Entertainment that it will not require a pre-order of the game, the beta is actually a closed one.
This means that those who want to get in will have to get an access code, though IGN reports that Respawn does want to get as many people as possible into the beta program.
Considering how the alpha testing was done, those who may want to get a head start with "Titanfall" may have to register over at Respawn's official Web site and start hoping that they are one of the chosen gamers to get into the beta access.
*Check out this cool "hacked" PS Vita and PS4's DualShock 4, which creates for a very comfortable and convenient handheld controller: Read here for more.
Speculations on the actual date of the beta have been pegged to Valentine's Day, February 14. But it seems that everything is already ready for action, and if Respawn gets a go signal for its build certification, it's likely that the developer will announce the beta sooner.
After the Launch: Still a Lot to Come for 'Titanfall'
Besides the anticipated beta access and launch of "Titanfall," there are still a number of features that will be coming to the game after it lands on the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.
*The Pokemon Bank is already out---here's how to get Celebi as a free gift. Read the quick guide here.
According to a report from DualShockers, Mr Zampella has also teased that it will be adding in more features and support for the game once it's already out and launched. The developer has even specified exactly what kind of support will be included in "Titanfall" after launch.
So far, Gamingbolt has reported at least six kinds of localisation planned by Respawn for "Titanfall," which includes French, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, German and Italian, while other languages like Brazilian, Korean and Chinese will be supported via subtitles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1