'Titanfall' Requires Origin, Has No Open Beta and Will Have SmartGlass and Localisation Features After Launch
By Gel Galang | February 7, 2014 12:26 PM EST
"Titanfall" is an Xbox One and Xbox 360 exclusive as far as the console wars between the PS4 and Xbox One is concerned. However, it is also slated to appear on the PC for those who prefer to play with a mouse and keyboard.
The minimum requirements to play "Titanfall" on the PC have already been released, but it seems that a more important requirement for some gamers would be the announcement that "Titanfall" will also need Origin.
In an exchange between Vince Zampella, CEO for Respawn Entertainment, and a fan, John Connorski, GameSpot shows that Origin is, indeed, one of the most important requirements for the game:
@Klink77 yes it does, we'll miss you :(
— Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) February 4, 2014
*Possible leads to the "GTA 5" DLC found by avid fans and gamers: Read the details here.
'Titanfall's' Beta Access
For those who have been waiting for details on "Titanfall's" beta access, no specific date has yet been announced. But even though it was previously stated by developer Respawn Entertainment that it will not require a pre-order of the game, the beta is actually a closed one.
This means that those who want to get in will have to get an access code, though IGN reports that Respawn does want to get as many people as possible into the beta program.
Considering how the alpha testing was done, those who may want to get a head start with "Titanfall" may have to register over at Respawn's official Web site and start hoping that they are one of the chosen gamers to get into the beta access.
*Check out this cool "hacked" PS Vita and PS4's DualShock 4, which creates for a very comfortable and convenient handheld controller: Read here for more.
Speculations on the actual date of the beta have been pegged to Valentine's Day, February 14. But it seems that everything is already ready for action, and if Respawn gets a go signal for its build certification, it's likely that the developer will announce the beta sooner.
After the Launch: Still a Lot to Come for 'Titanfall'
Besides the anticipated beta access and launch of "Titanfall," there are still a number of features that will be coming to the game after it lands on the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.
*The Pokemon Bank is already out---here's how to get Celebi as a free gift. Read the quick guide here.
According to a report from DualShockers, Mr Zampella has also teased that it will be adding in more features and support for the game once it's already out and launched. The developer has even specified exactly what kind of support will be included in "Titanfall" after launch.
So far, Gamingbolt has reported at least six kinds of localisation planned by Respawn for "Titanfall," which includes French, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, German and Italian, while other languages like Brazilian, Korean and Chinese will be supported via subtitles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine