Ian Somerhalder and ISF, 'Will You be My Valentine?'
By Riza Ornos | February 7, 2014 11:03 AM EST
Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Just like any single dudes out there, "Vampire Diaries" star Ian Somerhalder is looking for his own Valentine. Nina Dobrev's ex recently posted the million dollar question, "Will you be my Valentine?" to his Twitter and Instagram followers wearing a black ISF shirt.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djsnsezian
The actor posed the question to his 4.64 million followers last night, urging them to support his IS Foundation. Launched on Dec 8, 2010, the Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF) hopes to educate people on the importance of protecting the environment and animals.
Founded on his 32nd birthday, the "TVD" actor invites his fans to support him in his advocacy. "My only birthday wish is to create a well planet. Instead of gifts, if people truly feel like giving, we hope they'll give to the Foundation," says Ian in an interview posted in Vampire Diaries Web site.
So this Valentine's Day, the actor is promoting his ISF shirt featuring two elephants making a heart with their trunks. Wearing a black ISF shirt, Ian posted a photo with a caption:
"Will you be my Valentine?? ... THESE SHIRTS ROCK! Must order really soon as in, like now if you want them for Valentines Day. If not just order soon.They're so soft and quite awesome I must say.I'd give you mine but I slept in it last night and its now it's covered in kitty hair, and Nietzsche slobber! This is huge for ISF-they make killer gifts and are sexy! Order away PLEASE! Its going to help ISF a great deal do many awesome things that need to get DONE;) Love, Ian&ISF"
Staying true to Twitter's throwback Thursday tradition, the "TVD" hunk who plays Damon Salvatore in the hit CW fantasy drama posted a picture of him in uniform. An officer set in 1942, Somerhalder is looking so sharp while not looking at the camera.
"Technically a #throwbackthursdays it's Thursday in many places! Damon Salvatore circa 1942 New Orleans Louisiana," reads the caption.
And speaking of New Orleans, the real-life hometown of the actor, Ian is heading home to serve as co-grand marshal together with "The Walking Dead's" Norman Reedus in this year's Mardi Gras main event. The dreamy eyed actor will be hitting the streets of New Orleans on Saturday, March 1, to hand out "TVD" beads to spectators.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows