Viral Gay Wedding Proposal Brings Tears to High School Bully (VIDEO)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 7, 2014 8:31 AM EST
Lucas Bane's wedding proposal to his boyfriend on Dec 11, 2013 killed two birds with one stone. It got him the "Yes" from beau David Devora as well as it softened the heart of a former high school classmate who used to bully him.
The first Gay wedding likely to take place in 2014 (Reuters)
In fact, the unnamed bully was reduced to tears when he saw the video of the proposal which became viral.
David gave his assent to the gay wedding after he saw Lucas choreographed a dance sequence, followed by Bruno Mars' hit I Think I Want to Marry You.
From a lit second floor balcony of their apartment, Lucas flashed messages written in manila paper until he asked for David's hand in marriage. David then was on the opposite side of the street, shedding tears at the surprise he got for his birthday that day.
Lucas later posted the video in Facebook where his former tormentor saw the video.
The bully sent Lucas a message on Facebook humbly asking for forgiveness and congratulating Lucas for his forthcoming wedding.
The bully wrote, quoted by LGBTQ community publication The Gaily Grind, "I'm sure you have no idea who I am. I went to high school with you. If you do remember me it's probably not positive as I was a bit of an asshole back then. I saw your video today on Facebook and wanted to say Congratulations!"
Lucas replied that he remembers the guy and acknowledged his memory of that classmate when they were 18 was certainly not pleasant. But he placed these bad memories behind them and even commended the former bully because "it's clear that whoever you were back then, you've grown and you're a pretty kickass guy now."
He closed his reply with a promise to have some beers if their paths cross again. Ex-bully, now 30, agreed that he too is hopeful of a meeting and guaranteed the first few beers are on him.
Lucas is an actor and David works in a finance company.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Jealous, Duchess Only Good At Making Babies--- Report
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone