Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger Considers Rebidding for Liverpool Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 4:30 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wanted to acquire the services of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez last summer to no avail, as the Reds were able to hold on to their prized possession.
Arsene Wenger considers rebidding for Liverpool's Luis Suarez after failing to sign him in August
The Gunners offered £40 million for the Uruguayan goalscoring machine but the Merseysiders were not influenced by the huge sum since they really wanted to build a squad that could get them back to the apex of European competition, at the very least.
Speaking ahead of the clash against Liverpool on Saturday, Wenger reiterated that he does not feel any sense of regret for failing to sign Suarez.
"You sometimes have regrets when players who played for you score goals or do well somewhere else," said Wenger.
"But he was never our player, it is a situation that didn't come off and that is it."
However, while further stating that he has yet to reconsider his stance on whether he would to chase the 27-year-old's signature or not, Wenger impliedly admitted that it could still be possible in the near future.
"At the moment no, no," he revealed.
Suarez has tallied a stunning 23 goals in 19 appearances in the Premier League this season, which will make the Gunners manager think deeply.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery