Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger Considers Rebidding for Liverpool Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 4:30 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wanted to acquire the services of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez last summer to no avail, as the Reds were able to hold on to their prized possession.
Arsene Wenger considers rebidding for Liverpool's Luis Suarez after failing to sign him in August
The Gunners offered £40 million for the Uruguayan goalscoring machine but the Merseysiders were not influenced by the huge sum since they really wanted to build a squad that could get them back to the apex of European competition, at the very least.
Speaking ahead of the clash against Liverpool on Saturday, Wenger reiterated that he does not feel any sense of regret for failing to sign Suarez.
"You sometimes have regrets when players who played for you score goals or do well somewhere else," said Wenger.
"But he was never our player, it is a situation that didn't come off and that is it."
However, while further stating that he has yet to reconsider his stance on whether he would to chase the 27-year-old's signature or not, Wenger impliedly admitted that it could still be possible in the near future.
"At the moment no, no," he revealed.
Suarez has tallied a stunning 23 goals in 19 appearances in the Premier League this season, which will make the Gunners manager think deeply.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million