Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger Considers Rebidding for Liverpool Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 4:30 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wanted to acquire the services of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez last summer to no avail, as the Reds were able to hold on to their prized possession.
Arsene Wenger considers rebidding for Liverpool's Luis Suarez after failing to sign him in August
The Gunners offered £40 million for the Uruguayan goalscoring machine but the Merseysiders were not influenced by the huge sum since they really wanted to build a squad that could get them back to the apex of European competition, at the very least.
Speaking ahead of the clash against Liverpool on Saturday, Wenger reiterated that he does not feel any sense of regret for failing to sign Suarez.
"You sometimes have regrets when players who played for you score goals or do well somewhere else," said Wenger.
"But he was never our player, it is a situation that didn't come off and that is it."
However, while further stating that he has yet to reconsider his stance on whether he would to chase the 27-year-old's signature or not, Wenger impliedly admitted that it could still be possible in the near future.
"At the moment no, no," he revealed.
Suarez has tallied a stunning 23 goals in 19 appearances in the Premier League this season, which will make the Gunners manager think deeply.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch