Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger Considers Rebidding for Liverpool Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 4:30 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wanted to acquire the services of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez last summer to no avail, as the Reds were able to hold on to their prized possession.
Arsene Wenger considers rebidding for Liverpool's Luis Suarez after failing to sign him in August
The Gunners offered £40 million for the Uruguayan goalscoring machine but the Merseysiders were not influenced by the huge sum since they really wanted to build a squad that could get them back to the apex of European competition, at the very least.
Speaking ahead of the clash against Liverpool on Saturday, Wenger reiterated that he does not feel any sense of regret for failing to sign Suarez.
"You sometimes have regrets when players who played for you score goals or do well somewhere else," said Wenger.
"But he was never our player, it is a situation that didn't come off and that is it."
However, while further stating that he has yet to reconsider his stance on whether he would to chase the 27-year-old's signature or not, Wenger impliedly admitted that it could still be possible in the near future.
"At the moment no, no," he revealed.
Suarez has tallied a stunning 23 goals in 19 appearances in the Premier League this season, which will make the Gunners manager think deeply.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft