Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger Considers Rebidding for Liverpool Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 7, 2014 4:30 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wanted to acquire the services of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez last summer to no avail, as the Reds were able to hold on to their prized possession.
Arsene Wenger considers rebidding for Liverpool's Luis Suarez after failing to sign him in August
The Gunners offered £40 million for the Uruguayan goalscoring machine but the Merseysiders were not influenced by the huge sum since they really wanted to build a squad that could get them back to the apex of European competition, at the very least.
Speaking ahead of the clash against Liverpool on Saturday, Wenger reiterated that he does not feel any sense of regret for failing to sign Suarez.
"You sometimes have regrets when players who played for you score goals or do well somewhere else," said Wenger.
"But he was never our player, it is a situation that didn't come off and that is it."
However, while further stating that he has yet to reconsider his stance on whether he would to chase the 27-year-old's signature or not, Wenger impliedly admitted that it could still be possible in the near future.
"At the moment no, no," he revealed.
Suarez has tallied a stunning 23 goals in 19 appearances in the Premier League this season, which will make the Gunners manager think deeply.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS