iPhone 6 vs Galaxy S5: Samsung Beats Apple in New Flagship Phone War?
By Raymond Ronamai | February 7, 2014 3:00 AM EST
This year will witness a fierce battle between Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics, with both companies scheduled to release their new flagship smartphones - iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5. And hence, comparisons between the two are bound to happen.
If the expected specifications put out by South Korea's brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities is anything to go by, Galaxy S5 has an edge over iPhone 6, though both companies have not officially revealed the features.
According to KDB Daewoo Securities' note to the investors (translated by Oled Display), iPhone 6 will sport a 4.7/4.8 or 5.5″ display with a 1920x1080p (440ppi), or a 2272×1280 (510ppi) IGZO Display and will be powered by A8 chip (64-bit) with iOS 7.2. It is expected to come with a 3,200mAh battery.
Meanwhile, Galaxy S5 is expected to sport a 5.2 or 5.25-inch AMOLED display with WQHD 2560x1440 (560ppi). It will be powered by 2.5Ghz Snapdragon805 (main) or 2.0Ghz Octa-core Exynos6 (64-bit) and will feature Android 4.4 KitKat. It is expected to come with a 1,800mAh battery.
iPhone 6 is expected to be released in the second or third quarter of 2014. Chinese Analyst Sun Changxu had told QQ Tech website that the production of the next-generation smartphone would start in May, before its launch in June. Jefferies analyst Peter Misek also said that the device might be launched in June this year.
On the other hand, the South Korean electronics giant is expected to launch Galaxy S5 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona on 24 February. Samsung has announced that "Samsung Unpacked 2014 Episode 1" will be held at Centre Convencions International Barcelona (CCIB) on 24 February, giving a clear hint that its upcoming smartphone would be released this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family