Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Celerio Becomes Official; Price and Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 12:46 AM EST
The wait is over. Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker, finally pulled the wraps off its much-awaited hatchback Celerio at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida.
Celerio, the small car offering from India's most trusted car band, has been in the news for quite some time. The company had managed to position the car in the minds of auto aficionados well before the launch. With the launch of the hatchback, Maruti aims to further expand its base in the country.
The new Celerio will be offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission. Both versions are expected to give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers.
Features and price details
With a wheelbase of 2425mm, Maruti Celerio measures 3600mm in length and 1600mm in width and packs stylish exterior and interior features, to entice small car lovers in the country. The LXi and VXi trim of the car will come with AMT EZ Drive system, and these models are priced around ₹4.29 lakh to ₹4.59 lakh.
While the Lxi variant of the car will house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. Meanwhile, the top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio will be available in the market in seven paint jobs.
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company has already opened bookings for the new Celerio. According to reports, the car will be available for purchase from May.
In the case of pricing, Maruti has done an exemplary job by placing Celerio automatic at the lower side, when compared to other hatchback models in the country.
Maruti Celerio LXi Manual Transmission - ₹3.90 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.20 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.50 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi (optional) Manual Transmission - ₹4.96 lakh
Maruti Celerio LXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.29 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.59 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report