Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Celerio Becomes Official; Price and Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 12:46 AM EST
The wait is over. Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker, finally pulled the wraps off its much-awaited hatchback Celerio at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida.
Celerio, the small car offering from India's most trusted car band, has been in the news for quite some time. The company had managed to position the car in the minds of auto aficionados well before the launch. With the launch of the hatchback, Maruti aims to further expand its base in the country.
The new Celerio will be offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission. Both versions are expected to give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers.
Features and price details
With a wheelbase of 2425mm, Maruti Celerio measures 3600mm in length and 1600mm in width and packs stylish exterior and interior features, to entice small car lovers in the country. The LXi and VXi trim of the car will come with AMT EZ Drive system, and these models are priced around ₹4.29 lakh to ₹4.59 lakh.
While the Lxi variant of the car will house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. Meanwhile, the top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio will be available in the market in seven paint jobs.
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company has already opened bookings for the new Celerio. According to reports, the car will be available for purchase from May.
In the case of pricing, Maruti has done an exemplary job by placing Celerio automatic at the lower side, when compared to other hatchback models in the country.
Maruti Celerio LXi Manual Transmission - ₹3.90 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.20 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.50 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi (optional) Manual Transmission - ₹4.96 lakh
Maruti Celerio LXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.29 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.59 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More