Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Celerio Becomes Official; Price and Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 12:46 AM EST
The wait is over. Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker, finally pulled the wraps off its much-awaited hatchback Celerio at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida.
Celerio, the small car offering from India's most trusted car band, has been in the news for quite some time. The company had managed to position the car in the minds of auto aficionados well before the launch. With the launch of the hatchback, Maruti aims to further expand its base in the country.
The new Celerio will be offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission. Both versions are expected to give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers.
Features and price details
With a wheelbase of 2425mm, Maruti Celerio measures 3600mm in length and 1600mm in width and packs stylish exterior and interior features, to entice small car lovers in the country. The LXi and VXi trim of the car will come with AMT EZ Drive system, and these models are priced around ₹4.29 lakh to ₹4.59 lakh.
While the Lxi variant of the car will house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. Meanwhile, the top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio will be available in the market in seven paint jobs.
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company has already opened bookings for the new Celerio. According to reports, the car will be available for purchase from May.
In the case of pricing, Maruti has done an exemplary job by placing Celerio automatic at the lower side, when compared to other hatchback models in the country.
Maruti Celerio LXi Manual Transmission - ₹3.90 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.20 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.50 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi (optional) Manual Transmission - ₹4.96 lakh
Maruti Celerio LXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.29 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.59 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0