Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Celerio Becomes Official; Price and Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 12:46 AM EST
The wait is over. Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker, finally pulled the wraps off its much-awaited hatchback Celerio at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida.
Celerio, the small car offering from India's most trusted car band, has been in the news for quite some time. The company had managed to position the car in the minds of auto aficionados well before the launch. With the launch of the hatchback, Maruti aims to further expand its base in the country.
The new Celerio will be offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission. Both versions are expected to give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers.
Features and price details
With a wheelbase of 2425mm, Maruti Celerio measures 3600mm in length and 1600mm in width and packs stylish exterior and interior features, to entice small car lovers in the country. The LXi and VXi trim of the car will come with AMT EZ Drive system, and these models are priced around ₹4.29 lakh to ₹4.59 lakh.
While the Lxi variant of the car will house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. Meanwhile, the top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio will be available in the market in seven paint jobs.
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company has already opened bookings for the new Celerio. According to reports, the car will be available for purchase from May.
In the case of pricing, Maruti has done an exemplary job by placing Celerio automatic at the lower side, when compared to other hatchback models in the country.
Maruti Celerio LXi Manual Transmission - ₹3.90 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.20 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.50 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi (optional) Manual Transmission - ₹4.96 lakh
Maruti Celerio LXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.29 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.59 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28