Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Celerio Becomes Official; Price and Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 7, 2014 12:46 AM EST
The wait is over. Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker, finally pulled the wraps off its much-awaited hatchback Celerio at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida.
Celerio, the small car offering from India's most trusted car band, has been in the news for quite some time. The company had managed to position the car in the minds of auto aficionados well before the launch. With the launch of the hatchback, Maruti aims to further expand its base in the country.
The new Celerio will be offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission. Both versions are expected to give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers.
Features and price details
With a wheelbase of 2425mm, Maruti Celerio measures 3600mm in length and 1600mm in width and packs stylish exterior and interior features, to entice small car lovers in the country. The LXi and VXi trim of the car will come with AMT EZ Drive system, and these models are priced around ₹4.29 lakh to ₹4.59 lakh.
While the Lxi variant of the car will house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. Meanwhile, the top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio will be available in the market in seven paint jobs.
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company has already opened bookings for the new Celerio. According to reports, the car will be available for purchase from May.
In the case of pricing, Maruti has done an exemplary job by placing Celerio automatic at the lower side, when compared to other hatchback models in the country.
Maruti Celerio LXi Manual Transmission - ₹3.90 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.20 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.50 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi (optional) Manual Transmission - ₹4.96 lakh
Maruti Celerio LXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.29 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.59 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown