How To Organize A Valentine’s Day Party For Singles
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 7, 2014 12:44 AM EST
During Valentine's Day, many people are reminded of their "single status." This day is not only meant for cheesy couples. Even singles can also have a lot of fun.
You can invite your single girl or boy buddies and have a party. On this special day, singles don't have to sit at their homes and sulk the whole day. They can actually have a fun time.
A Valentine's Day party for singles is a great opportunity to meet new people. Invite your friends and ask them to come with their own friends to your party.
Start by making a lovely Valentine's Day invite card for your friends and their friends. Be humorous. You can also include the number of persons one can invite. Do not forget to inform them it is a party meant for "singles."
KISS For Food
Keep it simple and silly. Serve easy-to-cook appetizers and ensure they are also easy to eat. You don't want a messy place to clean after the party. Kababs are delicious both meat and veggie. Try to serve bite-sized appetizers. Stay away from food rich in onions or garlic. You don't want spoil the night for someone who might get lucky that night.
Theme Party For Valentine's Day
You can mix the singles and Valentine's Day themes. Create an interesting theme. Ask your guests to dress accordingly. You can try themes like salsa nights, flower powers, or jazz it up.
Decorate the Place But Avoid Using Red
You can avoid the red color and instead use fun, bright colors like yellow. Make your house look inviting and not overwhelming. Keep it warm. You can put yellow bulbs. In the music department, you can have a mix of dance numbers and relaxed songs. Keep the volume of music at a level so that people can hear each other and talk comfortably.
The main point of organizing a Valentine's Day party for singles is to make them feel special and not alone on that day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects