How To Organize A Valentine’s Day Party For Singles
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 7, 2014 12:44 AM EST
During Valentine's Day, many people are reminded of their "single status." This day is not only meant for cheesy couples. Even singles can also have a lot of fun.
You can invite your single girl or boy buddies and have a party. On this special day, singles don't have to sit at their homes and sulk the whole day. They can actually have a fun time.
A Valentine's Day party for singles is a great opportunity to meet new people. Invite your friends and ask them to come with their own friends to your party.
Start by making a lovely Valentine's Day invite card for your friends and their friends. Be humorous. You can also include the number of persons one can invite. Do not forget to inform them it is a party meant for "singles."
KISS For Food
Keep it simple and silly. Serve easy-to-cook appetizers and ensure they are also easy to eat. You don't want a messy place to clean after the party. Kababs are delicious both meat and veggie. Try to serve bite-sized appetizers. Stay away from food rich in onions or garlic. You don't want spoil the night for someone who might get lucky that night.
Theme Party For Valentine's Day
You can mix the singles and Valentine's Day themes. Create an interesting theme. Ask your guests to dress accordingly. You can try themes like salsa nights, flower powers, or jazz it up.
Decorate the Place But Avoid Using Red
You can avoid the red color and instead use fun, bright colors like yellow. Make your house look inviting and not overwhelming. Keep it warm. You can put yellow bulbs. In the music department, you can have a mix of dance numbers and relaxed songs. Keep the volume of music at a level so that people can hear each other and talk comfortably.
The main point of organizing a Valentine's Day party for singles is to make them feel special and not alone on that day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?