Nexus 6 Release Date: 5 Expected Features in Next-Generation Google Smartphone [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 7, 2014 12:27 AM EST
Reports regarding the release date of the upcoming Nexus 6 has been doing the rounds ever since LG allegedly started leaking details of LG G Pro 2, which is believed to be Google's template for its new smartphone.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
It has been reported that Nexus 6 could be released between May and June 2014, during Google's annual I/O Developers Conference. However, other reports say the new smartphone would be launched only in late October or November, as Nexus 5 was released only in November last year.
Several technology sites have reported that G Pro 2 would have a screen as big as 6-inch, which boasts 1080p resolution and would be powered by quad-core Snapdragon 800 chip with 3GB of RAM. However, it is not sure if Nexus 6 will be modelled on the LG G Pro 2 or the LG G3.
The new smartphone is expected to come with the latest technology available, considering global smartphone giants like Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics are planning to release iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5 respectively. Nexus 6 is expected come with a slim and curved body with a bigger screen.
According to Nexus6o.com, the new smartphone will have 4GB RAM with 64GB and 128GB memory versions and will feature a 3100 mAh battery.
Here are the five expected features in Nexus 6, according to the site:
1) Octa-core, 2.4Ghz+ processor
2) 20MP ultra low light sensitivity camera sensor (expected)
3) 5-inch 2K UHD resolution display
4) Finger print and other security sensor
5) Health, atmosphere and thermo sensor
Meanwhile, according to 91 Mobiles, Nexus 6 is expected to feature a 5.2-inch LCD display with a full HD resolution, protected by Corning's Gorilla Glass and will have a curved body. It may have a 3.0GHz quad-core processor and feature a 13-megapixel camera on the back and a 5MP front camera. It is also expected to run Google's next generation Android 4.5 Lollypop operating system.
VIDEO: Nexus 6 - A concept by 91 Mobiles
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy