Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: 4 Suspected Heroin Drug Dealers with Around 350 Heroin Bags Arrested in NYC Including Saxophone Player Robert Vineberg
By Janice Somosot | February 7, 2014 12:00 AM EST
In the latest development of the ongoing Philip Seymour Hoffman death story involving drugs, particularly, heroin, four suspected heroin drug dealers with around 350 heroin bags were reportedly arrested in NYC including saxophone player Robert Vineberg and a woman.
A copy of a New York Times Magazine with a photo of movie actor Philip Seymour Hoffman on the cover is pictured as part of a makeshift memorial in front of his apartment building in New York February 3, 2014. An autopsy will be conducted on Monday on acclaimed stage and film actor Hoffman, who was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on February 2 of an apparent drug overdose, an official said. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
According to TMZ, law enforcement sources told them that the New York City (NYC) police arrested the four suspects (three men and a woman) because they might be connected with the death of Hollywood actor Philip Seymour Hoffman who died last Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014 of an apparent heroin overdose. He was found on the bathroom floor with a hypodermic needle still stuck in his left arm and a charred spoon beside him. Plus, numerous bags of heroin with the label "Ace of Spades" and ace of hearts playing card image were found in his NYC apartment.
The arrested suspects are believed to be the drug dealers who sold Hoffman his stash of heroin. Apparently, the NYC police was tipped off by a heroin user who bought from these alleged drug dealers and claims that he saw Hoffman buying heroin from them.
It's alarming to note that one of the arrested suspects is saxophone player Robert Vineberg who has played the sax for several famous musicians including Amy Winehouse (who died from alcohol intoxication on July 23, 2011 in UK.), Mick Jagger, Tom Jones, David Bowie and Wyclef. TMZ also reported that Vineberg has already been charged with felony drug possession.
According to Reuters, a spokeswoman for the Chief Medical Examiner of New York City named Julie Bolcer has said that even though Hoffman was found dead with a hypodermic needle stuck in his arm, the actual cause of his death is still undetermined that's why more time and study about his case must be done.
Hoffman's representative has said that the Oscar-winning actor will be buried after a private service. But, there will be a public memorial planned in his honour for the latter part of Feb. 2014.
Meanwhile, his co-stars from "Hunger Games: Mockingjay" including Liam Hemsworth and fellow Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence have returned to the set of the said film to continue shooting the rest of their scenes.
Philip Seymour Hoffman Death Update: 70 Glassine Bags of Heroin Found in NYC Apartment with Charred Spoon Beside Dead Body (Click HERE)
Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: Heroin Found in Home Including 50 'Ace of Spades' Envelopes and Several Empty 'Ace of Hearts' Bags [PHOTOS] (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe