‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Set to Surpass ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Record
By Ankita Mehta | February 6, 2014 10:46 PM EST
Salman Khan and Daisy Shah starrer "Jai Ho" is all set to cross the domestic total of Farhan Akhtar's "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag". However, the earnings of the film was pretty low in its second week, despite tax exemptions.
The political drama, directed by Sohail Khan, has reached the ₹100 crore club in India, and is now eyeing to beat Farhan Akhtar's sports biopic "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" lifetime total of ₹108.93 crore.
Tax exemption benefited the film during its second week but the collections remained low. However, the 12-day collections of the film suggests it would not even touch the ₹120 crore mark in India.
Salman's "Jai Ho" is the highest grossing film of 2014 till now, with a total of ₹104.95 crore. But it will still be the lowest domestic score for a Salman film, released after 2011.
"Jai Ho" is all set to become a semi-hit at the domestic box office. The film was made on a budget of ₹75 crore and has managed to earn the production cost. But to be a hit, the film needs to earn more than double its production cost.
Meanwhile, lead actor Salman reportedly gave a cheque of ₹1 lakh to each person associated with the film. The amount was paid as a token of appreciation to the whole cast and crew. The whole amount came up to ₹2 crore.
"Though Jai Ho didn't do as well as expected, Salman was very happy with the work done by the cast and crew. Hence, he thought that he would give them something as a token of appreciation. He called every member of the Jai Ho team, including spot boys and cameramen and handed them a cheque from his own personal account," DNA quoted a source as saying.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1