‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Set to Surpass ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Record
By Ankita Mehta | February 6, 2014 10:46 PM EST
Salman Khan and Daisy Shah starrer "Jai Ho" is all set to cross the domestic total of Farhan Akhtar's "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag". However, the earnings of the film was pretty low in its second week, despite tax exemptions.
The political drama, directed by Sohail Khan, has reached the ₹100 crore club in India, and is now eyeing to beat Farhan Akhtar's sports biopic "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" lifetime total of ₹108.93 crore.
Tax exemption benefited the film during its second week but the collections remained low. However, the 12-day collections of the film suggests it would not even touch the ₹120 crore mark in India.
Salman's "Jai Ho" is the highest grossing film of 2014 till now, with a total of ₹104.95 crore. But it will still be the lowest domestic score for a Salman film, released after 2011.
"Jai Ho" is all set to become a semi-hit at the domestic box office. The film was made on a budget of ₹75 crore and has managed to earn the production cost. But to be a hit, the film needs to earn more than double its production cost.
Meanwhile, lead actor Salman reportedly gave a cheque of ₹1 lakh to each person associated with the film. The amount was paid as a token of appreciation to the whole cast and crew. The whole amount came up to ₹2 crore.
"Though Jai Ho didn't do as well as expected, Salman was very happy with the work done by the cast and crew. Hence, he thought that he would give them something as a token of appreciation. He called every member of the Jai Ho team, including spot boys and cameramen and handed them a cheque from his own personal account," DNA quoted a source as saying.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display