Justice for Trayvon Martin: Rapper DMX Vs George Zimmerman Celebrity 'Boxing' Time, Venue - A Close Guarded Secret
By Johnlee Varghese | February 6, 2014 8:52 PM EST
The time and venue of the DMX vs George Zimmerman, the alleged killer of Trayvon Martin is being kept a secret. The fight, despite the contention, is being seen as a racial fight, simply because of the origins of the two involved. The fact that Zimmerman killed an unarmed black teen in 2012 has further piqued the interest of the audiences.
The upcoming charity boxing match has now been confirmed by celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman, who spoke of plans for the match in an interview with news channel, CNN.
In 2012, Zimmerman shot and killed 17-year-old Martin in Sanford, Florida, in an incident that shocked America. Since then, the incident is being seen as an act of racial discrimination, especially as Zimmerman was later released and now lives almost like a celebrity.
In his interview with CNN, Celebrity boxing owner Feldman accepted that "ultimately, in pitting Zimmerman against a black rapper, the race issue is inevitably, 'a thing.'" He also said that he chose DMX against Zimmerman, among a total of 15,000 applicants.
Since it was confirmed that Zimmerman and DMX will be facing each other, audience world over has been waiting about details on time and venue. However, considering the nature of the match, it is being speculated that in probability the DMX Vs George Zimmerman bout is going to be a 'very secretive' match and the location, time and venue of the match will be 'very confidential.' The boxing promoters are believed to be looking at paid live streams for the event and the final decision on this is expected to come by next week. By the second week of March, the celebrity bout between DMX and Zimmerman will be telecasted.
Justice for Trayvon Martin
Twitter was live with wishes and messages in support of Martin, who if was alive, would have turned 19 on 5 February.
The match between DMX and Zimmerman has once against sparked the call for Justice for Trayvon Martin that demands punishment for Zimmerman. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in Martin's death in April 2012 and the trials began in June 2013. However, the verdict pronounced him not guilty on 13 July 2013.
Despite the court's verdict, the public has been opposed to his release.
Twitter Birthday Wishes for Trayvon Martin
Happy Birthday Trayvon Martin.. pic.twitter.com/1u6EX8QGGw
— Xavier☆ 14.6k (@KingCampa_) February 6, 2014
You know, Trayvon Martin's murderer profiting from his victim's death might be a good time to put up or shut up about racial togetherness... — Wildflower (@beauty_jackson) February 5, 2014
Remember Trayvon Martin RT for respect pic.twitter.com/gqocBzZSxC
— IG: NdeNnight (@NdeNnight) February 5, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation