Justice for Trayvon Martin: Rapper DMX Vs George Zimmerman Celebrity 'Boxing' Time, Venue - A Close Guarded Secret
By Johnlee Varghese | February 6, 2014 8:52 PM EST
The time and venue of the DMX vs George Zimmerman, the alleged killer of Trayvon Martin is being kept a secret. The fight, despite the contention, is being seen as a racial fight, simply because of the origins of the two involved. The fact that Zimmerman killed an unarmed black teen in 2012 has further piqued the interest of the audiences.
The upcoming charity boxing match has now been confirmed by celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman, who spoke of plans for the match in an interview with news channel, CNN.
In 2012, Zimmerman shot and killed 17-year-old Martin in Sanford, Florida, in an incident that shocked America. Since then, the incident is being seen as an act of racial discrimination, especially as Zimmerman was later released and now lives almost like a celebrity.
In his interview with CNN, Celebrity boxing owner Feldman accepted that "ultimately, in pitting Zimmerman against a black rapper, the race issue is inevitably, 'a thing.'" He also said that he chose DMX against Zimmerman, among a total of 15,000 applicants.
Since it was confirmed that Zimmerman and DMX will be facing each other, audience world over has been waiting about details on time and venue. However, considering the nature of the match, it is being speculated that in probability the DMX Vs George Zimmerman bout is going to be a 'very secretive' match and the location, time and venue of the match will be 'very confidential.' The boxing promoters are believed to be looking at paid live streams for the event and the final decision on this is expected to come by next week. By the second week of March, the celebrity bout between DMX and Zimmerman will be telecasted.
Justice for Trayvon Martin
Twitter was live with wishes and messages in support of Martin, who if was alive, would have turned 19 on 5 February.
The match between DMX and Zimmerman has once against sparked the call for Justice for Trayvon Martin that demands punishment for Zimmerman. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in Martin's death in April 2012 and the trials began in June 2013. However, the verdict pronounced him not guilty on 13 July 2013.
Despite the court's verdict, the public has been opposed to his release.
Twitter Birthday Wishes for Trayvon Martin
Happy Birthday Trayvon Martin.. pic.twitter.com/1u6EX8QGGw
— Xavier☆ 14.6k (@KingCampa_) February 6, 2014
You know, Trayvon Martin's murderer profiting from his victim's death might be a good time to put up or shut up about racial togetherness... — Wildflower (@beauty_jackson) February 5, 2014
Remember Trayvon Martin RT for respect pic.twitter.com/gqocBzZSxC
— IG: NdeNnight (@NdeNnight) February 5, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS