Why Are Your Friends’ Profile Pictures Turning Purple on Facebook or Twitter? [Video]
By jaskiran kaur | February 6, 2014 8:00 PM EST
According to the latest reports, in an attempt to create more awareness about the World Cancer Day, Chevrolet is encouraging social media network users to turn their profile picture purple. For each purple profile picture on Facebook or Twitter, the vehicle brand has committed itself to donate one dollar.
Feb. 4, 2014, is dedicated as the World Cancer Day. This day honors cancer survivors and is devoted to endeavors to fight against the disease that is becoming common and affecting the population worldwide.
As per their commitment, they will donate one dollar for each purpled profile picture on Facebook and Twitter to American Cancer society. The company has sworn to provide up to $1million funds for the society dedicated to the welfare and awareness initiatives for battling cancer. The company is fulfilling their commitment with the help of social media users, if they turn their profile picture purple, just for one day.
Chevrolet which is also referred as Chevy introduced their campaign to the world with an emotional ad for the World Cancer Day that aired during a Super Bowl event. Scroll down to watch the touching advert.
Chevrolet which has been associated with American Cancer Society supporting them in their campaigns for 11 years has also launched a Web site "Purple Roads" that allows the users to purple their profile to show support.
The Web site tells "purple is the color of cancer survival." It also provides a tool to turn your Facebook or Twitter profile picture purple, easily.
Over the past few years, these social media Web sites like Twitter, Facebook and more have become a platform to reach out people for support. Several times there are posts circulating widely in order to raise awareness and show support.
Unfortunately, cancer has claimed lives of people in big numbers worldwide and it continues to grow due to lack of knowledge and delayed detection of the disease. Chevrolet has provided with yet another opportunity to show support and spread awareness through mediums like Twitter and Facebook which are widely accessed by people around the world. So, here's your chance to do your bit by simply turning your profile picture purple. Click HERE to visit the campaign Web site by Chevrolet and show support.
Video: 2014 Chevy Super Bowl Commercial:"Life"-- #PurpleYourProfile Chevrolet
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps