Assassin's Creed 4 Freedom Cry DLC Announced as a Standalone Game [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 6, 2014 7:59 PM EST
Fans of the Assassin's Creed franchise are all geared for another game that has been announced from the line of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag's downloadable content (DLC) Freedom Cry.
"We decided to release Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry as a standalone game for both fans and newcomers to the Assassin's Creed universe. Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry delivers key elements of an Assassin's Creed game, including a new hero, new environments and new weapons," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft in their official blog.
The DLC has Adewale, the quartermaster of Edward Kenway, as the protagonist. The story takes place 15 years after the events of Black Flag. Adewale's is found shipwrecked in Haiti and gets involved in a fight of the local Maroon people, against the gruesome slavery existing in the islands of the West Indies.
Players will have to free the slaves and earn the trust of the people to get benefits. Players can also sail the high seas, search for hidden treasures that have been sunk in the past, they can raid plantations and help the Maroons to launch a rebellion and rebuild the slave resistance in the new game.
Adewale's signature weapon is a machete. Players will also get to command the Experto Crede, which is Adewale's brig.
The new hero is said to show no mercy on his enemies. He has hidden blades, the blow pipe and the rope dart. He also uses firecrackers for creating diversion.
When he enters a plantation he has to look out for overseers in stealth mode. If he is caught, the slaves will riot and that will lead to their death and end the mission. Plantations also provide recruits.
Players can also save slave ships that will pop up as special icons in the map. These ships are protected by several escort ships and hence the player will have to engage and take them out, without harming the slave ships.
Players will have various tasks in the recruiting missions; they have to kill the guards of a moving convoy to free all the allies in it, they have to stop the slave auctions, they have to stop a slave supporter from shooting a slave who has escaped. Players must also know that all slaves who have been liberated will be not help you. However, some liberated ones, though they do not fight, will have their own rewards like weapons, upgrades and customization options for Adewale's ship, the Experto Crede.
Assassin's Creed 4 Freedom Cry will release on 18 February for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 costing $14.99 and PC version will release on 25 February for $14.99. There has been no information on its Xbox release.
(YouTube Courtesy: AssassinsCreed)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members