Assassin's Creed 4 Freedom Cry DLC Announced as a Standalone Game [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 6, 2014 7:59 PM EST
Fans of the Assassin's Creed franchise are all geared for another game that has been announced from the line of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag's downloadable content (DLC) Freedom Cry.
"We decided to release Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry as a standalone game for both fans and newcomers to the Assassin's Creed universe. Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry delivers key elements of an Assassin's Creed game, including a new hero, new environments and new weapons," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft in their official blog.
The DLC has Adewale, the quartermaster of Edward Kenway, as the protagonist. The story takes place 15 years after the events of Black Flag. Adewale's is found shipwrecked in Haiti and gets involved in a fight of the local Maroon people, against the gruesome slavery existing in the islands of the West Indies.
Players will have to free the slaves and earn the trust of the people to get benefits. Players can also sail the high seas, search for hidden treasures that have been sunk in the past, they can raid plantations and help the Maroons to launch a rebellion and rebuild the slave resistance in the new game.
Adewale's signature weapon is a machete. Players will also get to command the Experto Crede, which is Adewale's brig.
The new hero is said to show no mercy on his enemies. He has hidden blades, the blow pipe and the rope dart. He also uses firecrackers for creating diversion.
When he enters a plantation he has to look out for overseers in stealth mode. If he is caught, the slaves will riot and that will lead to their death and end the mission. Plantations also provide recruits.
Players can also save slave ships that will pop up as special icons in the map. These ships are protected by several escort ships and hence the player will have to engage and take them out, without harming the slave ships.
Players will have various tasks in the recruiting missions; they have to kill the guards of a moving convoy to free all the allies in it, they have to stop the slave auctions, they have to stop a slave supporter from shooting a slave who has escaped. Players must also know that all slaves who have been liberated will be not help you. However, some liberated ones, though they do not fight, will have their own rewards like weapons, upgrades and customization options for Adewale's ship, the Experto Crede.
Assassin's Creed 4 Freedom Cry will release on 18 February for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 costing $14.99 and PC version will release on 25 February for $14.99. There has been no information on its Xbox release.
(YouTube Courtesy: AssassinsCreed)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop