Philip Seymour Hoffman Death Case: Four Arrested in Connection with Drugs Found in Actor’s Apartment
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 6, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Four people who are widely believed to be linked to the drugs found in Philip Seymour Hoffman's apartment were arrested late Tuesday night.
The Oscar-winning actor, who is survived by his partner Mimi O’Donnell and their three children, has spoken candidly in the past about his struggle with drug addiction.
New York Police arrested the three men and one woman during a raid, which led to the police recovering 350 small plastic bags of what is believed to be heroin, law enforcement officials told CNN. The bags were reportedly branded "black list" and "red bull" - not the same brand that were found in Hoffman's apartment earlier.
Arrests of the four people that took place at 302 Mott Street in Manhattan, were part of the ongoing investigation into the actor's death and the hunt for his drug supplier, the news channel reported citing police source.
The suspects have been identified as Juliana Luchliw, 22; Max Rosenblum, 22; Robert Vineberg, 57; and Thomas Cushman, 48.
Hoffman, an Oscar-winning star, was found dead at his Greenwich Village home on Sunday with a syringe in his arm. Police found 72 bags of heroin in his $10,000-a-month apartment, adding to the growing mystery surrounding the actor's death. Police were hunting for the dealer who supplied the drugs to the actor.
Cops were taking the lead with the logo marked in the heroin bags found in the apartment. 49 sealed bags and 23 other bags that were open and used, were found. Among all the bags, 59 were marked "Ace of Spades" and 13 had the "Ace of hears" logo.
Police were also trying to find if Hoffman's supply was laced with fentanyl - a drug given to cancer patients to sooth their pain. The mixture has been linked to 100 deaths in America - with about three dozen deaths in Maryland since September attributed to such a combination.
Hoffman is reported to have withdrawn a total of $1,200 in six visits to a cash machine, a day before he was found dead. Hollywood has been paying tribute to the man described as one of the finest actors in contemporary times.
The Oscar-winning actor, who is survived by his partner Mimi O'Donnell and their three children, has spoken candidly in the past about his struggle with drug addiction.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft